Vipermanias SRT-10 Hardtops...

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised here are a few pictures of Vipermania's NEW 2003 SRT-10 Hardtops. We plan to produce one basic top design, but with a choice of 2 rear window configurations, a "Coupe Version" which is similar to the Comp Coupe and a "RT Version" which is similar to the RT/10's. No modification will be required and the trunk is accessible on both tops. Tentative pricing is as follows and the "Roof Duct" is available on either top....Thanks!

RT Version....$3795.00
Coupe Version....$4795.00
vmaniatop4.jpg

vmaniatop5.jpg

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the trunk accessible on the top picture? Looks like the glass covers the hinge area?
Dave

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The regular version looks a bit stubby, and the black surround around the rear window is awkward.

The Coupe version looks much nicer to me, being sleek and aerodynamic in appearance. But I wonder how it is going to secure down tightly all the way to the back of the Viper's tail. And if there is an air-tight fit, it seems that the coupe top would leave a distinct mark on the trunk from the rubber.

ViperMania should consider including a thin, clear mylar film to be applied to the trunk with the top, to avoid wearing the paint on the trunk.

I had a hardtop on my previous Corvette, and the mylar film was easy to adhere, and kept the paint unscathed where the top's rubber seal contacted the car.

Anyway, good job on the top designs. :laugh:

-Dean.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the first (top) pic at all. Looks too much like extra and unnecessary baggage, that actually makes part of the Viper nonfunctional - the trunk. But the second (bottom) pic has promise, for sure. It will be nice to see the finished product. It's great to see all the new things that are starting to come out for the SRT-10.

You must be registered for see images

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These tops are very interesting. Can't wait to see in person.
Will they be at any of the Zone Rondevous's.

Dean

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy if you notice on the first pic it looks like the rear window is hinged so when the trunk is opened it goes up with it...Its not a one piece top....

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the truck will be fully useable from what I understand.

The rear glass is the same as a gen 2 GTS glass.
I know...Bruce used my GTS as a templet.

the rear part of the side window/top needs some work though. Doesn't flow well. Dont get me wrong...they look great...but.

Nice work guys!

here is my 2 cents/idea on the area behind the window....

no logo and the top is the same conture as the the soft top.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just spoke to Biff, these are REAL PROTOTYPE TOPS.... no photoshop here (although the resolution was dropped to make it load quicker).

Jay and Tony both have a higher res photo, and will surely post the link shortly.

Biff will shoot some more angles later this week. Stay tuned!

AWESOME!

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again regarding the top photo: how can you use the trunk with the big rear window resting right on top of it just a few inches from the third brake light?

Do you have to put that up first (is it hinged?), then let the trunk up?

I prefer the second hardtop photo with the RT-10 style window. It would be great if that rear window were removable.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy if you notice on the first pic it looks like the rear window is hinged so when the trunk is opened it goes up with it...Its not a one piece top....

Ah yes. That makes sense - lift the rear window first, then the trunk lid. Got it. Thanks. =)

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since I posted my comments and suggestions on the Autoform top, I must be fair. Sorry Biff, but fair is fair. Actually I am thrilled you guys are taking the initiative and risk to produce these parts.

I played around with the coupe top and made a couple changes (sorry for the sub-par quality - I am not a photo-editing **** even though these programs are getting easier to use). The first pic has a wider back window and I sprayed on a spoiler I'd love to see someone produce.

The second pic moves the window up and in a bit and add a piece around the window.

Just playing ... enjoy

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The one with the spoiler is actually better looking than the original. Nice idea. I don't care for the second version at all.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
By the way, take a close look... both tops ("RT" and "Coupe") are really the same... it's only the rear glass/hinged assembly that changes the look ........ entirely!

Great Job Biff and Bruce!!!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Biff asked me to post this pic as well!

AWESOME!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wider (Wayne Finch) coupe top. It looks much better with the wider rear glass covering the entire trunk area like a GTS with the turned up spoiler.

I don't like the look of either of the prototype tops.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biff - you are the man!

My vote: Coupe version definitely better.

That spoiler idea is worth looking into.

And...don't forget the shark fin!

George

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the one top sort of resembles a Miata top... :eek:

OP
OP
B

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back to this thread earlier however I've been out of town since I posted the pics. Yes these pictures are real!! The quality of the photos aren't the best due to my inability to work my new camera, and the tops are simply "prototypes" therefore the quality of the paint isn't perfect either. AS with all prototypes I'm sure we'll be doing some tweaking here and there until were satisfied with our finished product, considering the orders we've received so far there definately seems to an interest for both!! Please, Please continue to offer your compliments and complaints as were making this top for YOU!!!.. We expect to start delivering these tops in 6-8 weeks and they will naturally come with our Satisfaction Guarantee.... Thanks and please be patient, I PROMISE/GUARANTEE you'll love the finished product!!!...