Vipers on speed channel (Pass Time)

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this was an old epsiode but I hadn't seen it before. Just caught the last 15 minutes & I gotta say I was a lil' surprised by the ET's. They were All TT cars with at least 1000k or more hp, & I think the best time I saw was a 10.75, all the rest were mid to high 11's. BUT in their defense most of them had street tires or the drag radials(spinning, wheel hopping & missed gears seemed to be the norm). They had a couple of Gallardo Lambos & their best time was in the high 11's (KC Howeth, I think thats how you spell his last name) but he is one of the owners of underground racing. Several of the Vipers were built by underground racing. I know these cars are not really for drag racing but I don't understand why you spend $$$ thousands of dollars for these high hp engines & still run in the high 11's are they more for the track (not drag). Doesn't a stock Viper off the show room floor run in the 11's, & the slowest ones will run in the high 11's to 12's. Somebody explain all this to me, cause I know there's got to be an explanation. Thanks.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that it was mostly due to user error .... hard enough to launch with stock HP, would be really hard not to spin with double that through all the gears.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an older episode. Some of the guys that were on the show that night were going crazy about the track prep (or lack there of). They said it was not only a bad set-up, but downright dangerous. A lot of the guys turned the boost down, some didn't run as hard a they normally would, and some wouldn't even run the track. Lot's of ********** people there that night.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an older episode. Some of the guys that were on the show that night were going crazy about the track prep (or lack there of). They said it was not only a bad set-up, but downright dangerous. A lot of the guys turned the boost down, some didn't run as hard a they normally would, and some wouldn't even run the track. Lot's of ********** people there that night.
Thanks Dawg, that makes me feel a lot better! My son & I were watching it & he kept looking at me & I kept thinking well the next one will do better & so on. And they never really did. There was some beautiful cars on there though. I try & watch it as much as possible & I never see any Vipers & the one night its ALLl Vipers I don't catch but half of it. Gunsmoke was on, go figure!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine called me about this same thing today. He said what he seen was a lot of wheel spinning etc. He seen me run a 12 flat in my stock GTS and was like ***!!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was one episode when a Mustang rolled up, owner got out and BS'd about how the car was lightly modded...etc, etc...

Track prep must have been decent when the sucker flew down the strip in about 9 secs.

And all the contestants picked high numbers while Doofus and Harring both looked pretty pissed about that one slipping by!

--RS

bross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a proline car, pretty funny stuff bc they thought it was a slow **** and it was hauling the mail.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dawg, I did a lil' research & it looks like it was back in 09'. 1fast400 was the blue gts with the chute & he said he came back down the return faster than he did on the track (Lol). He also said he was PISSED about the condition of it & really let them have it (maybe he'll post about it). He said that one Lambo usually runs in the 9's & when he saw it run in the high 11's he knew he was screwed. Yea, they didn't show it when he came back to the starting line raising Hell about it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
More Vipers on TV DODGE VIPER CUP.....all times EASTERN

Race # 4 –Sunday, 11/6 at 3:00pm NJ
Race # 5 –Sunday, 11/13 at 3:00pm VIR
Race # 6 –Sunday, 11/20 at 3:00pm VIR
Race # 7 –Sunday, 11/27 at 3:00pm TEXAS
Race # 8 –Sunday, 12/4 at 3:00pm TEXAS
Race # 9 –Sunday, 12/11 at 3:00pm DAYTONA
Race # 10 –Sunday, 12/18 at 3:00pm DAYTONA

If you have NOT watched a DVC race, you will be surprised and amazed at the fender-rubbing, corner-diving, abuse-filled torture that the ACR-x can endure.

JonB DVC Pace Car

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More Vipers on TV DODGE VIPER CUP.....all times EASTERN

Race # 4 –Sunday, 11/6 at 3:00pm NJ
Race # 5 –Sunday, 11/13 at 3:00pm VIR
Race # 6 –Sunday, 11/20 at 3:00pm VIR
Race # 7 –Sunday, 11/27 at 3:00pm TEXAS
Race # 8 –Sunday, 12/4 at 3:00pm TEXAS
Race # 9 –Sunday, 12/11 at 3:00pm DAYTONA
Race # 10 –Sunday, 12/18 at 3:00pm DAYTONA

If you have NOT watched a DVC race, you will be surprised and amazed at the fender-rubbing, corner-diving, abuse-filled torture that the ACR-x can endure.

JonB DVC Pace Car

Thanks Jon, what channel is this on? Speed, ESPN...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oooops.................. VERSUS NETWORK, now a division of NBC Sports

JonB ~~~~:<~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets