VOI Web-Head Get-Together

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had suggestd earlier that we meet at the Jack Daniels Bar in the Opryland Hotel (or laternatively, we could meet at the open rotating bar - but that MAY be too out in the open for this group...) before the welcoming banquet / after the parade... (4 pm ish?)

I actually have an idea for a commemorative T-shirt and would be willing to work to get a logo for the webheads!

I attended the sparse one in Vegas, but had a Presidient's meeting during the St. Louis one. Would REALLY like to get to meet everyone before the event actually kicks off.

Let me know.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
Do I have to buy any beer ??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jon B what ever you drink the WHOLE week-end is own my tab!!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janni:
I had suggestd earlier that we meet at the Jack Daniels Bar in the Opryland Hotel (or laternatively, we could meet at the open rotating bar - but that MAY be too out in the open for this group...) before the welcoming banquet / after the parade... (4 pm ish?)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Janni I know for a fact that the rotating bar will be full unless you have some kind of connection to keep it open. It holds maybe around 20+ people so it would be a tight fit. The Jack Daniels bar would be perfect in my book.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:

Janni I know for a fact that the rotating bar will be full unless you have some kind of connection to keep it open. It holds maybe around 20+ people so it would be a tight fit. The Jack Daniels bar would be perfect in my book.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like we should go with that, and I'm assuming we're talking about the first full on-site day, Thursday, after the parade, before the banquet?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely in -- one of the main attractions of VOI for me is being able to put faces to the names & handles from this board.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in as well. I think I missed this thread before, having replied to a different one. The key here is to just go ahead and set it up. I say make it the Jack Daniels Bar and damm the torpedoes. Looks like we don't have the "official" dinner/cocktails until 6:30 on Thursday evening, so a 4:00 meet would work out well. T-shirts would be fun (I will have a passenger seat to fill with memorabilia!) and I can make up nametags. As offered before, I can make up a tag with the "real" name (Chris Marshall), board name (Y2KGTS), and avatar (
00000027.gif
).

Let's get it set up!

Chris

PS. Remind me to check with The Powers That Be to get da*n off the cuss list. That and as* (no hole, thank you very much) are primetime TV acceptable...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - I'm in -

I have a cool idea for a logo and will get T-shirts (or embroidered polos if folks want to spring for more $$$). But my design skills are kinda poor. Any graphics person willing to work with me on the logo?

I had pictured a cartoon person siting in front of a cpomputer, and their head gets removed and replaced with a Viper logo viewed semi-sideways. Then with red lettering on the top and bottom that says Viperclub.org curved across the top, and WebHead curved along the bottom.

I think I may have all the parts and I'll try to put it together, but would really like help from the graphics side....

So 4 PM at hte Jack Daniels Lounge. If I remember correctly, it off one of the garden areas (perhaps near the 4pm red droopy thing on the map?) on the way to the convention rooms, so it'll be between our rooms and the 6:30 reception.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think it's just above the "M" in Magnolia.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Where is this Jack Daniel's Bar located?
You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was bored (as usual) and whipped up a couple designs that maybe you could get made into little stickers to put on your nametags for the weekend or something so people would know the web people even if they don't go to the webhead meeting.

Craig

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
I'm in as well. I think I missed this thread before, having replied to a different one. The key here is to just go ahead and set it up. I say make it the Jack Daniels Bar and damm the torpedoes. Looks like we don't have the "official" dinner/cocktails until 6:30 on Thursday evening, so a 4:00 meet would work out well. T-shirts would be fun (I will have a passenger seat to fill with memorabilia!) and I can make up nametags. As offered before, I can make up a tag with the "real" name (Chris Marshall), board name (Y2KGTS), and avatar (
00000027.gif
).

Let's get it set up!

I think it's a great idea to have an "avatar" on a name tag. I don't recognize names as much as pics of thier car. Sad, huh?

Chris

PS. Remind me to check with The Powers That Be to get da*n off the cuss list. That and as* (no hole, thank you very much) are primetime TV acceptable...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent Craig. Who will be paying for the logos Janni? Donations maybe??

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, we'll go with that logo - Craig can you take off the shading of the bottom line? It may not do too well at the printers....

Well, tell me what you guys want -
TShirts (nice heavyweight all cotton) are about $10-$11 each, with logo printer set up about $75. Slightly more if there are 2 or 3 colors involved.

Polo's are significantly more and set up fees for embroidery are more, too...

So - T-shirts or polos?
If T-shirts - color? Red, white, gray, black?
Logo color? One color, 2 colors?

I'll get a quote from my T-shirt guy, but this should be similar to what we have done in the past, so I can front the $$$, but will have to have the Carolinas VCA reimbursed. Expect total cost to be about $12 (XXXL slightly higher, I believe...) Can pay at VOI or maybe I can get with Fiona and Kim and get into the welcome packages.... hmmm... that's an idea - that way you'd have them at check in.... hmmm.... Or, LAST RESORT they could be mailed - PLEASE don't suggest this - I'll be at Putnam Park 2 weekends before, then trying to scramble to get us and our club members ready to go....

Let's make these decisions and then I'll get to work on shirts.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T-shirt is fine, color doesn't matter to me, but red is "marketed" the color of the viper (though silver is currently the coolest color
wink.gif
).

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, I prefer logos on the backs of shirts, rather than fronts, any else have preferences? Any practical issues with doing it that way, etc.?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC