Want to Buy: 1999 Black RT/10

HardHitter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm sparing you all on another thread to help decide between and Gen I and Gen II :D

The ideal car I'm looking for:

Car: 1999 Dodge Viper RT/10
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
Mileage: No preference. Can be low mileage or something "high" like in the 40k range
Condition: I am very anal about my cars. I'm sure everyone on this site is as well, so I'm wanting it to be in good condition mechanically and cosmetically
Budget: We all know what is reasonable. If it the car I want, I will buy it.

Modifications already done that would add to my desire to buy but not needed:
Hardtop
Side pipe exhaust conversion
Full exhaust (headers and on)
Suspension (coilovers or springs)
Quality Aftermarket Wheels (iForged, HRE, etc)

OP
OP
H

HardHitter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesnt match to a T, but did you see the one I posted in your previous thread here?

Yea, I saw that one before but that interior is :crazy2: It has to be black on black which I know, makes things even harder haha.

I search daily on craigslist throughout the country, autotrader, this forum, the other Viper forum, etc.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modifications already done that would add to my desire to buy but not needed:
Hardtop
Side pipe exhaust conversion
Full exhaust (headers and on)
Suspension (coilovers or springs)
Quality Aftermarket Wheels (iForged, HRE, etc)

Almost all Gen2 RT/10s come with a hard top...
Side exhaust conversions are very rare on the Gen2...
Lots have high flow cats and some sort of aftermarket muffler...
Suspension is quite cheap if you only opt for new springs....
Expensive aftermarket wheels will bring up the buying price of the car...

Good luck in finding one, but if you are set on only one colour/interior, then you might have to look a long time to find a nice one :)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sit tight, it might be some time before your ideal car comes up. Side exhaust conversions are super rare ( I'd actually like to do one just for fun because I've got just about every combo of possible exhaust combo's in my garage). Wheels are a common upgrade for many people, but realize that a bone stock car is generally more desireable, especially as these cars age. As a general rule, but certainly not always true, the lower ownership numbers may be a positive point in your search. More history, more paperwork, etc. If you really are anal, you'll save a ton of money down the road if you pony up and buy a really well kept specimen. I can't emphasize how pricey parts are for this car, especially cosmetic pieces and interior parts, weatherstripping etc. Gen II stuff is now quickly being discontinued, so your buying at a point where things may seem cheap and available today and will certainly disappear tomorrow. Many of the Viper vendors know this, and are waiting for the anal guys to begin replacing parts. Price gouging is an understatement. I loved the search process, as you get to meet a bunch of different people. Many describe their babies as perfect when they are pretty beat up, but when that perfect car is found it's the greatest feeling. Good luck.......

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a black 2000 on bay area craiglist ad is not very detailed so you might want to contact

OP
OP
H

HardHitter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a black 2000 on bay area craiglist ad is not very detailed so you might want to contact

I reached out to that person through e-mail and he hasn't gotten back to me. If a guy truly wants to sell their car, then they should put some effort into it. Guys like that post worry me as I believe if they can't take the time to make a for sale post, what makes you think they take the time to take care of their cars/anything.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost all Gen2 RT/10s come with a hard top...
Side exhaust conversions are very rare on the Gen2...
Lots have high flow cats and some sort of aftermarket muffler...
Suspension is quite cheap if you only opt for new springs....
Expensive aftermarket wheels will bring up the buying price of the car...

Good luck in finding one, but if you are set on only one colour/interior, then you might have to look a long time to find a nice one :)

By no means am I an expert but did almost all Gen 2 RT/10s really come with a hard top from the factory?