Warranty Question

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my Viper last week, an '03. I bought a 3 year / unlimited mileage warranty with it but it's an after market warranty. It has a 30 day no charge charge trial period so I'll probably cancel it but they gave me a "good deal" if I bought it that day.

Anyway, I've called around and the Chrysler warranty is about $700 more than this one but is a much better warranty. No prior authorization, don't have to get reimbursed, any dealer versus the selling dealer, etc.

I have no experience with these cars so I have no clue how reliable they are. Do you think it's worth $2300 for a 3 year warranty?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely worth it considering the mileage which is considered a little on the high side for most Viper owners. $2,300 for out-of-pocket Viper repairs will go very quickly so keep the warranty. Also, call around to various dealers (there are several listed on this site) to get the best possible quote on a Chrysler extended warranty. As far a reliability goes, the Viper IMHO is just like any other car but when you need service, you will be thankful that you invested in an extended warranty.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At this point you can not legally get a Chrysler contract. The contract on a used Chrysler product needs to be sold at the time of sale , by a Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep Dealer. If this was sold by a used car dealer, or an individual, the only contract you could have gotten is something like you have. Dealers could try to sell you one if they want to skirt the issue, but with computers it is pretty easy to see if they were the selling Dealer. I would stay with what you bought and be glad you bought what you could.

Best Regards.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bill, we're on the subject of warranties, I have an '08 Vert, I bought brand new (received it in May '08)what kind of extended warranty do you guys have available for me?

OP
OP

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the car from a Dodge dealer. The warranty manager at the Dodge dealership I'm talking to now (different dealership) is telling me that I can purchase a Chrysler warranty for the car as long as I have it inspected by them to identify any pre-existing issues. Is this untrue? Am I being lied to here?

Thanks!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the car from a Dodge dealer. The warranty manager at the Dodge dealership I'm talking to now (different dealership) is telling me that I can purchase a Chrysler warranty for the car as long as I have it inspected by them to identify any pre-existing issues. Is this untrue? Am I being lied to here?

Thanks!

The Chrysler Dealer that sold you the Viper is the ONLY one that can sell you a warranty legally and you ONLY have 30 days from date of sale to do so!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What Chuck said, and give me a call and we can discuss what you are eligible for ----- they should have sold a Chrysler contract from the beginning. You can get a 5 year , 50,000 mile bumper to bumper contract with a $200 deductible very reasonably. No one needs a unlimited mileage contract on a Viper, time is what is in your best interest.

Virtually every contract out there has a 30 day full cancellation clause, so I would go get it refunded and get the Chrysler contract.

In answer to the other gentleman's question, on a 2008, you would be best to get a new vehicle contract , as your car is still eligible. Likely it would be a 7 yr. , 50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Limited contract. Most folks get a $100 deductible , but there are other options.

Bill Pemberton
1-800-889-1893

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car is modified in any way, Chrysler can deny ANY extended warranty coverage. If you have a huge repair bill under the extended warranty (if modded) they can say the car has mods and legally not cover the repair--even if the item/part to be repaired has nothing to do with a item/part that was modified. Each dealer may treat it differently, though.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Chrysler Dealer that sold you the Viper is the ONLY one that can sell you a warranty legally and you ONLY have 30 days from date of sale to do so!

What Chuck said, and give me a call and we can discuss what you are eligible for ----- they should have sold a Chrysler contract from the beginning. You can get a 5 year , 50,000 mile bumper to bumper contract with a $200 deductible very reasonably. No one needs a unlimited mileage contract on a Viper, time is what is in your best interest.

Virtually every contract out there has a 30 day full cancellation clause, so I would go get it refunded and get the Chrysler contract.

In answer to the other gentleman's question, on a 2008, you would be best to get a new vehicle contract , as your car is still eligible. Likely it would be a 7 yr. , 50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Limited contract. Most folks get a $100 deductible , but there are other options.

Bill Pemberton
1-800-889-1893

I'd say you got the holy grail of answers there! If they don't know, then I don't who would!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte