Washington Auto Show

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cannot believe Dodge does NOT have a Viper on display. The discontinued Magnum IS there, WTH?

A rep told me they could not find one for the show.

There was a really nice red viper, with a 2008 black hood and black sidewinders in the private owners section... it looked great, probl the best looking car there.

A few Fcars, lambos, eh.

The RR looked pretty impressive - such a huge car.

I think I'll skip the show next year :rolleyes:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to go to that show tomorrow, but have changed my mind now. I can't believe they don't have a viper there. That is a disgrace to Dodge. It's one of the biggest car shows in the country and they don't have their prized vehicle there, not to mention that it's a new model year??? I think GM should give the owners of Chrysler a lesson in marketing. Say what you want, but marketing is the entire reason GM has sold so many corvettes. I know Chrysler eventally sells all of the vipers they produce, but if they marketed the car they could produce and sell more of them. THen we might not be having all of these discssions of its demise.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're slated to go on Sunday. We like to go look at the other cars too and see what's out there, but I'll admit I'm VERY disappointed that they're not going to have an '08 on display. Wonder what they're thinking...It's not like this is an area where expensive cars don't sell.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Kelly. I like to see the other cars there too. It is really the only place where you can see all of them at the same time and sit in them. But it still disappoints me that there is no viper there. I guess they really want the viper to be exclusive....so much that if you want to see one you better buy one.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry fella's

i just got back from the detroit show on tues and there were two o8 acr's and one 08 vert gts blue...if you can ever get to the detroit show i would suggest it! a lot more manufacutures of cars than i have ever heard of there...great show a lot of cars!

columbus has an auto show too, but it doesn't even compare to the detroit show...so i'm guessing it wontt have a viper here either!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like another job well done by the marketing dept.

Dodge marketing is USELESS. As others have said its disappointing, irritating and downright embarrassing the job they do (or are allowed to do...). The shows the Viper is at they have it in pathetic backcorner displays thats not fit to put a Neon in (2007 NAIAS, etc.) and most big shows they just skip :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. I'm glad to see they are pimping a discontinued Magnum though. Maybe that will help out someone trying to sell a used one on Ebay or AutoTrader :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . Anyone remember when the 1989 concept was debuted? Man I miss those days when Dodge actually wanted to try to sell Vipers!

Edit: I just noticed this is the VA/MD section, thought it was SRT. Excuse the GA boy for butting in....