Watch SCCA T1 Vipers on SPEED Channel Tomorrow Dec 7th.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a race that will be airing tomorrow on Speed Channel. Its the SCCA National Championship race held in October at Heartland Park. It will be aired on Thursday 12/7 at 1 pm EST on Speed channel.

It was the classic battle between the Vipers, Corvettes, Porsches and Ferrari's. It was a REALLY hard fought race but we just didn't lead the correct lap....the last one! :curse: But we tried our hardest to bring home the gold to the Viper Community.

Anyway, just wanted to give some of you a heads up for those who might want to catch the action. Like the rest of us who have to work during the day, set your TiVo's or VCR's. You don't want to miss this one. ;)

Happy Holidays everybody,

Cindi Lux

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Apparently TiVo lists SCCA Runoffs as
their own program and my "Auto Racing" preset didn't bother to
try to record this. I might have missed it. Look forward to the
fun.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Cindy. Set the cable box to record it tommorrow. What are the new cars you guys working on to replace the 2 you have for sale???

OP
OP
C

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the new cars you guys working on to replace the 2 you have for sale???

We have a couple of cool things planned for 07. I think its time to "dip our toe" into World Challenge. :D But a lot of things need to fall into place yet and one of them is to sell our 2 existing cars.

Kind of surprised nobody has grabbed them yet. More times than not, we out qualified other Comp Coupes in our races. Any ideas?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW just watched it. Can Lance Knupp and Cindi drive or what? Guess Corvettes rule again. So much for Ferrari reliability too.

OP
OP
C

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, it was a tough race. We were soooooo close. Sorry we couldn't get it done for you guys! For those who say the race, here is what really happened...

Scotty's tire problem was actually due to a cut bead done in the mounting process. The harder he ran it, the more air it came out. Then on lap 9 it finally went flat and his day was over. The call was made prior to him coming to pit lane that the crew would change both rear tires just to be on the safe side since we didn't know what caused the flat. His race was done anyway so its better to be safe than sorry.

I actually had brake problems not tire problems at the announcers said on TV. In the last few laps some of the debris from some of the back markers got up in the front wheels and cracked one of the crossover lines on the calipers. It caused a bunch of front brake loss and to the outside view it looked like the car was losing rear grip but if you look closely you can see in the last few laps the car darts hard to the right under braking every time because it is getting very little clamping force on the left front caliper. I knew I was a sitting duck at that point. :mad:

Glad you guys liked the race.

Hey for those who might be looking for a new hotrod for next year, these 2 cars are for sale. They are bad ass fast especially if you go to a class where you can take out the 40% restrictor AND over 200 lbs of ballest! :2tu:

Happy Holidays gang,

Cindi

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cindi,
You did a h3ll of job! I know the felling, running out of tires or brakes at the end after leading most of the way.
I have one question, at the end of the race did you cry?

Hope to see you soon,
Dan, your Panoz friend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi