Water / Methanol Injections Kits Ready Soon

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
We've experienced some delays in regard to getting our supply of pumps and nozzles from Snow and are a little behind where we should be accordingly.
As soon as the parts arrive, we'll drop them in the boxes with the other parts that are already prepared and start shipping.
Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
Sean

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, maybe I've missed a couple of threads, however, are you saying that we can now prepay for the H20/**** kits. If so, how much are they?

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a great deal to me, and a great idea. The only prob. I see is the long line from the rear of the car to front. Potential for air bubbles which is not a big issue, but something to think about. Not sure when water would be injected-I know the controller will do that, but on a car running 6 lbs of boost, I wonder when it will spray? 3, 4 or 5? Or will it come on when there is 1 lb of boost. Seems like for it to do any good on a low boost car it would have to inject at a very low psi, but I'm no expert. I also wonder where the pump will be? Front or rear. Not sure why the windshield water bottle is not being used. I never use the damn thing. Seems like a great place to tap into, but maybe heat is an issue from the engine compartment, or no space? Still this is a great product for a little piece of mind, and god only knows that when you have a paxton car anything is a help. :)

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some answers:

We have not "advertised" the kit on our website and will not do so until they're in stock and shipping. However, a lot of people have ordered them in advance.
The kit, in it's Viper specific, pre-assembled state, is $379. It comes with a large 2.5+ gallon tank (that goes in the trunk as there was no good place to put it anywhere else), 140+ psi pump, dual nozzles, etc.
There's is no problem with bubbles. The pump has a check valve built in and the nozzles (in the smooth tubes) are above the pump (mounts in the right rear wheel well across from the battery).
We're using the VEC2 to adjust the pump voltage and ramp up the water injection according to what we found works well during testing.
We've worked pretty hard to make it simple and are using proven components from Snow as the foundation.

Regards,
Sean

PS, 5 (of 25) pumps arrived today. We'll be able to ship kits out late tomorrow or Monday.

R

RTED

Sean

Can the water/methanol injection be used on non-SC engines? If so, what are the gains in HP and tourque?

thanks,

RTED

S

SUN RA KAT

"PS, 5 (of 25) pumps arrived today. We'll be able to ship kits out late tomorrow or Monday."

Any idea on when the next 20 are arriving?

Enquiring minds want to know. :D

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dimitrios,
That is what Sean did not want to tell you. RT-10 guys have to mount the bottle in the passenger foot well.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Answered my ?'s How do i sign up? I'm sure I can make it work on a paxton car????

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Answered my ?'s How do i sign up? I'm sure I can make it work on a paxton car????

Call Roe racing at (904) 529-1219. BTW, why do you need it with the paxton car? Paxtons come with an intercooler don't they? The main reason why us Roe guys want this is because this is our version of the intercooler. :2tu:

Just put my name down today. Hopefully I was in the top 25... :D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you could also mount a bottle on the right inner fender, by the ac sight glass. It would have to be a "tube" style.

Any forced induction could benifit. You can run more boost (go beyond the efficeny range of turbos or supercharger) then cool it down with water injection. Or if your innercooler is sized for 10-12 lbs and you want to run 15 lbs on race day you could do this by using water injection.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a paxton kit, or part there of, anything that cools the intake temp is a "god-send". I run 91 pump gas (ca) and I'm at the edge when it comes to a\f ratio. I really don't want to put the car in the shop again and have another fuel system installed. I do not run paxtons "cob-job" of a fuel system, but I also don't run an aeromotive pump/system like AB does-but I should be. Water can only help my situation. I have a system like this installed on another turbo car of mine and it works wonders.

V

vegasviper

Sean, is the kit tuned to inject water only or does your tuning require the use of ****.

Thanks

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Can you post some pictures of the kit installed; especially the 2.5 gallon tank in the trunk of a GTS? Thanks in advance....John

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will try to get some pictures up in an evening or two. I'm here at the shop today working on some projects while the phone is quite.

If someone doesn't have a VEC2 and anted the system, we could get the adjustable activation box from Snow.

The systems can be pre-ordered by phone or fax until we take care of the back-orders and put the kit on the website. The other pumps are supposed to ship next week (but we were supposed to have all the pumps here last week...).

Regards,
Sean

(904) 529-1216, 1217, 1218, 1219 are phone #'s
(904) 529-1215 fax #

S

SUN RA KAT

" The other pumps are supposed to ship next week (but we were supposed to have all the pumps here last week...)."

Yea! :D :2tu:

(I'm in the first group in case you didn't guess.)

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, is there going to be a recommended mix? Say 50/50, or are you going to be able to use windshield fluid?

I'm not sure where to get the ****. locally.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick question? Sean is there not an issue with methanol and corrosion of aluminum components? I only ask because I am considering your blower package and feel esp. here in CA that the water injection is a must. I ask this because I previously owned a roots blown Camaro. I initially had water/isopropyl injection and experienced substantial corrosion in the carburetor air horn area.
Thank you in advance.
Armen

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the kit installed by Sean a few weeks ago on my 2000 ACR as he needed a Gen 2 car to take pictures for installation guide. The difference is incredible and Sean will dyno the car this coming Wednesday. I should be able to post the numbers Weds night.