OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in replying.
The kits have started shipping and the rest of the pumps left CO yesterday (by ground to us in FL).
We have pictures from the installation manual, but honestly, there really isn't much to see once the system is installed. The side of the tank, where the filler is, is visible in the GTS only. In the engine compartment, there are two small 1/4" hoses and nozzles in the smooth tubes. If you put them under the tubes, you wouldn't see anything.
As far as mixture, you could run water only, water and methanol mixed 50/50 or straight Walmart 0 degree windshield washer fluid for $0.94 a gallon.
In regard to corrosion, don't worry about any of the SC parts that the water / **** vapor will be in contact with. All the aluminum in the kit is anodized and the steel is powder-coated. The fittings in the kit all use Viton O-rings for corrosion resistance. I don't see any issues there.
There is one thing we found. You know when you run an engine for a short time and it builds condensation in the crankcase (visible under the oil fill cap) due to the engine not getting hot enough to burn it off? If you run the engine like that (oil cold) and spray the water / ****, there can be an increase in the water vapor inside the engine. You'd definitely want to have the engine up to temperature when using the water / **** as blowby will contain a more humid mixture.

Regards,
Sean

S

SUN RA KAT

That's good news Sean. I sent my VEC2 cards to you yesterday for reprogramming. The side sill insulation works great, too, and I advise everyone who's ever had anyone get a burn off of the sidesill to get it and unstall it ASAP.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also wonder where the pump will be? Front or rear. Not sure why the windshield water bottle is not being used. I never use the damn thing. Seems like a great place to tap into, but maybe heat is an issue from the engine compartment, or no space? Still this is a great product for a little piece of mind, and god only knows that when you have a paxton car anything is a help. :)

Is it that the washer jug will get to warm from the engine heat? That would be a good place for it, less lines to run etc.

FLX109

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It would be difficult to get a large enough container where the washer bottle is.
It doesn't really matter where it's put as long as you can get to it and fill on occasion.

Regards,
Sean

Also, no lift is required for installation, as asked in a previous post.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the kit installed by Sean a few weeks ago on my 2000 ACR as he needed a Gen 2 car to take pictures for installation guide. The difference is incredible and Sean will dyno the car this coming Wednesday. I should be able to post the numbers Weds night.

Well...It's Wednesday night! We are waiting! :rolleyes:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean, can you tell us the name brand of the windshield washer fluid from Wal-Mart? I went there last week and I found 3 different types. The two Wal-Mart brands did not have any mention of methanol. Another brand did and it had 3 numbers like 65/30/2 or something to that effect. I don’t want to make a mistake so any specifics you could give would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On the fluid, when you see one rated for very low temperature, such as 0, it has a significant amount of methanol in it, up to 50%. I forget the specific brand we bought at Walmart, but it specifically said it contained methanol and was for 0 degrees. It looked like it was packaged for Walmart.

Some examples about the water /methanol injection and how it relates to power:
1. If you have a well tuned engine, add w/m injection and change nothing, it will loose a slight amount of power and run richer due to the water displacing oxygen in the cylinders.
2. If you're not taking out much timing (lets say 3-4 degrees off stock), add the w/m injection and put the 3-4 degrees back in, you will be at about the same power as before, but have a safer engine operating condition due to the cooler temperatures in the chamber.
3. If you're running low octane fuel (91 CA gas) and are running 9 degrees timing off of stock, add the w/m, and put the timing back to stock (or higher), you will pick up much more power.
4. To get the most gain from adding the w/m, you should increase timing and, more significantly, increase boost. This will result in maximum gains.
So, in conclusion, if you want to consider what the benefits of w/m injection are, it can produce a safer operating environment for your engine and allow you to make more power by adding back timing advance and boost.
For Ken's car, which we tested on the dyno yesterday to make sure everything was running properly, his gains were minimal as we did not increase his boost yet (cast piston car) and only put the 3-4 degrees back in that had been removed from without the w/m.
I drove the car down our access roads and will say it does run very smooth.

Regards,
Sean

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the forged piston cars that are already using the 8 lb. pulley, what kind of power increases will we see? It sounds like only timing advance will give the extra horsepower. Can you go to a 10 lb. pulley with the M/I system without any fuel system upgrades? Thanks..00PROWLER

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not an expert on water/ ****, but i saw huge gains on a cast piston motor using w/m. i was able to use a 7lb pulley and advance timing 6 degrees.

with my new forged motor i am running 31 degrees of timing with 91 octane and a can of torco.

without w/m i raced a modded gsxr1000 and he would pull 1 1/2 car lenghts off the punch at 60 mph. i would reel him in at 160.

with the water/**** i would pull him and then walk away 8 car lengths by 175mph.

with the w/m i would stay next to a modded hyabusa until 150 and then start to pull away.

the water/ **** system i am using really works well with my combo(utah viper is also seeing huge gains from his system). i am sure sean's kit will work very well too.i do know he is using about half the amount of w/m than me and utah viper are using.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the forged piston cars that are already using the 8 lb. pulley, what kind of power increases will we see? It sounds like only timing advance will give the extra horsepower. Can you go to a 10 lb. pulley with the M/I system without any fuel system upgrades? Thanks..00PROWLER

I believe Sean's shop GTS is running a 10lb pulley without an upgraded fuel pump. Just the MSD voltage booster and lower compression heads.

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 98 I was able to go from a 7lb pully to 10lb and advance the timing to near stock on 91 octane. I still have stock heads and fuel system. I gained about 60rwhp and 70tq. Good flowing heads would gain another 30-40hp

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 98 I was able to go from a 7lb pully to 10lb and advance the timing to near stock on 91 octane. I still have stock heads and fuel system. I gained about 60rwhp and 70tq. Good flowing heads would gain another 30-40hp
Is it safe for a stock motor to go to a 10lb. pulley, or is that going to push the motor to its limits? How difficult is it to change? Is it a do it your self kind of thing...I do not want to upset the dependablity of the car as it is...00PROWLER...

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Marc,
The tank is about 12" by 12" square and about 10" tall. In the trunk area, it fits between the raised area for the frame and the fender area.

00prowler,
Yes, using the W/M injection, you can run 10 psi on a good running stock 1992-1999 forged piston car. Any pulley smaller than 2.65" (8psi) requires a 2470mm belt and a smaller idler to replace the stock idler next to the alternator. Total cost for pulley, idler and belt is about $160 and takes about 20 minutes (7 if you've done it before).

Regards,
Sean

PS, We sent out all the kits we had pumps for. The rest of the pumps still have not arrived :mad:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Would you call this an easy do it youself project or should we have someone that knows tuning or has access to a dyno do it for us? When will the next shipment be available and can we order them on your site or should we call?

thanks
FLX109

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of power gains could be expected with a 10lb pulley, 93 octane and the W/M injection as compared to the 8 lb pulley, 93 octane, and no W/M injection.

Thanks!

S

SUN RA KAT

Sean, you're supposed to have a post here saying the pumps arrived today and my unit has been shipped.

uh....where is it?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, you're supposed to have a post here saying the pumps arrived today and my unit has been shipped.

uh....where is it?

Hi Ken,
If I'm posting, that means I'm not working at the moment (or making your smart cards...).
However, the pumps did arrive yesterday, we're putting the fittings in them (well, when the rest of the crew comes in) and will get back to shipping kits out today.
Also, I did get make your water / methanol activation card, yesterday :D

There were also questions about installation and tuning.
Installation is straight forward. We laid it all out in text and color photo instructions and figure it may take most folks about 3 hours to install.
Activation and tuning requires changing the program on the smart card to reduce timing retard and activate the pump. We will make cards for people based on what cards they are currently running (without the W/M). Or, we're also including detailed instructions with screen shots of how to setup the VEC2 programming for those that have the software. having the software is the best because it now allows you to tune and log everything.

In regard to power, each lb of boost is about 22-28 RWHP and each degree of advance back into the engine is worth about 2-4 RWHP. The gains depend on where you're at now. A lot more power can definitely be made in the mid-range if you have the VEC2 software and can tune on your individual engine, due to having the ability to bring the timing up to 28-32+ degrees total advance, from the stock 22.

Regards,
Sean

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered mine today from Dave...Went with the 10lb. pulley and belt as well...I cant imagine it pulling harder more than it does now...Cant wait...00PROWLER... :D :D

S

SUN RA KAT

I went to WalMart today and got a great deal on 72 gallon bottles of methanol/water windshield washer fluid...

Was $1.19 per bottle, but I got them for $1.00 each. And the store manager loaded them in my truck for me.

This should be good for 5000 to 7000 miles of driving until next winter.

BTW - Once they are sold out they won't be in stock until next winter, so if you plan on getting the Roe W/M Injection, you should get to your local WalMart and make a deal.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny, can you describe the packaging on the bottles you bought? I have been to Wal-Mart and the two types that are made by Wal-Mart do not have any mention of methanol on the packaging. The exact name of the product you bought would help a lot. Thanks,

S

SUN RA KAT

It's called Splash De-icer and the liquid is pink. The label is mostly red with the name in white surrounded by blue. It protects to -30* F below zero, so it has to have around 50% methanol in it. It comes in gallon containers, 6 bottles to a box. Contains methyl alcohol (methanol)and cannot be made nonpoisonous and is also flamable (per the warning). It's made by Fox Packaging Company, 51 E.Maryland Ave. Sty.Paul MN 55117.

BTW - It can also be used in windshield washer reservoirs!

S

SUN RA KAT

Here's what it looks like except mine came in a square base instead of a round base bottle.

You must be registered for see images

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how or where to get the vec 2 software? I have a bunch of blank cars and a reader/writer for them, but no software because it was never given to me by the tuner.
Thanks

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny, Thanks so much for the help, now I know where I am headed tonight! I don't even have my kit but want to stock up before it is gone. I believe it is the same in my area with the de-icing fluids and not having them year-round. Usually Wal-Mart just has the blue stuff which makes no mention of Methanol. I will be buying the pink tonight.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how or where to get the vec 2 software? I have a bunch of blank cars and a reader/writer for them, but no software because it was never given to me by the tuner.
Thanks

I believe Sean hosts the software on his website.
or call him.

Jay K.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks-found it. I must have looked at that site 10 times and missed those zip files.