Way too funny Viper ad in New Car and Driver

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my new issue of Car and Driver today, and it is dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the Corvette. I was glancing through the 30 or 40 pages of memorabilia, when all of a sudden in the middle of the magazine on pages 82 and 83 is a 2 page spread ad for the new 2003 Dodge Viper. It is soo funny. It has this real old rich guy with a real well endowed blonde next to him with the SRT in the background. He has a funny smirk on his face and she is gorgeous. All the ad says is "NEED WE SAY MORE" and then up by the Dodge logo it says "grab life by the horns". I wonder if they were talking about her _ _ _ _ _?
Anyway it is the first Viper ad I have ever seen in any of the top magazines for a long time. It is fitting that they snuck it in the middle of the tribute mag for the Vette. Check it out it is too cool. Reminds me of the old volkswagon ads of the 70's. Dennis Kimball

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis,

Those are some sweeeeet horns.

I like the ad so much it is now on my refrigerator.

Kinda reminds me of Anna Nichol Smith. Money ain't for nothin, chics for free.

Shake

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
Money for nothin' and chicks for free
Dire Straits

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I WANT MY MTV! Man I remember that song since I was like 3 years old, one of my faves
supergrin.gif

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis, that ad has been out for the last few months. I believe it first came out in Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. If you do a search, you will find it posted here.

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody post a copy on this page? I'd really like to see it. Those big "horns" are my weakness.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
When I was delivery manager at [big home improvment center] that song used to be our company chant...

"we have to install microwave ovens,
custom kitchens, and deliveryeyyeyeyy,
we got to move these refridgerators,
we got to move these colour Tveeeeeeeeeeeeessss"

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry SRT-10,

I have never purchased a "swimsuit edition magazine" before. I have not seen a viper ad in all the car magazines I read. I still think it is way cool that they had the ad in the special Corvette issue. Since my wife and daughter buy things out of Victoria's Secrets mag all the time, I get 15 copies of that every week. No need to buy any "swimsuit edition mags".

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, isnt that anna nicole smith with her late sugardaddy, LOL (but no honest she really loved him, the money had nothing to do with it, RIIIIIGHT)

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I think this ad reduces the Viper, and is in poor taste in general. I enjoy the eye candy, but the real Vipers (92-'02) don't need an ad showing my Grandpa with a well endowed 20 year old beauty queen to sell the car...

Tomer

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have it all wrong- that's actually her grandpa giving her the Vipermaro as a wedding gift. The husband is so disappointed that it wasn't a current model Viper that he's already headed down to the courthouse to seek an annullment
tongue.gif

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this back in March. They ran the ad in Sports Illustrated. Here's a better pic:

You must be registered for see images

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just me, but more tasteless than funny IMO. Hurts the image of the car; I did not buy mine as a status symbol and my wife won't even get in it with me because of the way I like to drive it.

Maybe we should have poseur edition with a plastic V-10 around a Neon engine and a gold package, extra leather and carbon fiber and a triplane wing and full ground effects ;-)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think that ad says: "Trophy Wife + Trophy Car will replace ******." I don't see it as funny at all...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone with photo shop super impose a GenII GTS or RT/10 in that ad and we'll see how it looks..

Gerald

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one moronic ad...except for the Grab Life by the Horns part...OK, and the chick with the horns....think it says, "marry me, SRT for free." (Further apologies to Dire Straits, but hey, they always sounded like Bob Dylan impersonators to me)

Ad placement among Corvette C&D anniversary articles is certainly no accident and probably is part of marketing department's master plan to try to move certain Corvette buyers over to Viper fold via Corvettish-looking SRT....or, wait a minute, is it just a plot to educate young women of the virtues of older, wealthy men (and their wallets)? Hey, just how old are those Dodge marketing guys and that designer of the SRT?
yesnod.gif