We really need a FAQ section!!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that after the refurbishing of this site there will be a Technical FAQ section. I don't mean about navigating the website or pertaining to Comp Coupes which we already have but one that has technical information on all Gens. We can put all the commonly asked questions in one place so that new members can catch up quickly. Then we won't have to hash and re-hash the same questions over and over. I'm getting a little bored reading the same posts about the same subjects all the time. I find myself losing interest over time in this site because there's nothing worthwhile to read or contribute.

I would guess that other old timers (veterans) have gone through the same cycle and don't post anymore because they've lost interest. They only come out of the woodwork once in a while when there's an interesting and previously undiscussed topic. There's a wealth of knowledge out there and I wish we can keep it fresh and move this site beyond the beginner stage and into the advanced discussions.

I'm sure that improving the search function should take care of a lot of the issues but a Tech FAQ section would enable people to narrow down searches and quickly access information.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We actually have a forum that covers this fairly well, although not necessarily named correctly (no mention of a FAQ):

Click here: Engine, Drive Train, and Suspension

I agree with your post most certainly. One of the forums we are looking to create would be one for new owners. It might have a FAQ subsection, but the main idea would be to give "newbies" a place to start without fear of getting nailed by some callous veteran. Example, this new owner's very first post (with his own frequently asked question) and check out the very first reply:

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=800399

Needless to say, a FAQ and/or a "new owners" forum is ideal for not only answering questions, but giving new owners a little "warmer" reception to the Viper world.

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there one when you click on the "Howto" link at the top?

Alex

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there one when you click on the "Howto" link at the top?

Alex

The "How to" section is very limited in scope. I'm talking about stuff like:

-Roe Vs. Paxton discussion
-V10 sound vs. V8
-Which exhaust is better?
-B&B vs. Belanger headers
-Why does my drivers door not latch?
-Vipair benefits...
-etc.

These have been discussed I don't know how many times. I think we've beat these horses into the afterlife. :bonker:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice idea, but segregating oft asked questions into their own section isn't going to somehow give birth to Advanced Discussions..

This younger bunch is more into choosing exhaust systems by sound bytes, and/or going to all the trouble of installing OE 708 cams rather than going aftermarket.

Zzzzzz.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "How to" section is very limited in scope. I'm talking about stuff like:

-Roe Vs. Paxton discussion
-V10 sound vs. V8
-Which exhaust is better?
-B&B vs. Belanger headers
-Why does my drivers door not latch?
-Vipair benefits...
-etc.

These have been discussed I don't know how many times. I think we've beat these horses into the afterlife. :bonker:

I'm receiving my first viper in April (97 B/W). I have tons of questions but am a little wary to ask them because I am sure they have been asked a million times before (just like the subjects above). I just can't find them using the current search function. Thankfully this place isn't like the Alley. Everyone here has been quite respectful of a new comers questions. Just wanted to say thanks and also put my vote in to get a FAQ section. It would help people like me greatly.