Welcome the 2013 SRT Viper GTS

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear of the car would look different by painting the tailight surround and the lower bumper, Photoshop anyone?

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 ACR and it is fantastic. Although the new Gen V Viper is far and away more awesome than I had imagined, I am still very thankful I got the ACR as I am a product of the '60's and the brute, raw, visceral feeling of the ACR is more in my wheel house. However, some day...just maybe...the new Gen V might find its way to my garage. One can always hope...

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I don't mind the looks of the car ,I wouldn't rush trading in a 2010 ACR for it! Weight is what ,over 3400 lbs? Drag coefficiency is 0.36 ,pretty average.
Flame away.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was hoping it looked better than the pictures released yesterday, i like the interior but I think they could have done much better with the gauge area, one of the trade marks of the viper are the separate gauges and they screwed that trade mark up, the exterior is blaaa, where are the trade mark fog lights, they basically took a Gen 2 GTS and massaged the lines and curves to the point it lost its exotic look and created a tame looking GTS then throw in a few out of place features like the hard line where the smooth GTS double bubble where, the odd looking duckbill in the rear glass, took away some of the defining futures of the viper and through in some silver and black plastic body fetures, created a odd looking front bumper and headlights and ended up with a TECHED OUT boring looking GTS that took one giant leap back in exotic looks area. This viper rendering would have been a step forward http://thesuperduperdopelife.blogspot.com/2010/09/next-generation-dodge-viper-srt-10.html (its mean and exotic looking and should have been what the next Gen resembled give or take) Thanks I will keep my better looking GTS, no need to upgrade looks wise, I own the better looking of the two.....but I'm still happy the viper lives on ad the worker are back at the plant so it not all bad

Last edited:

stryfe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the front end will have to grow on me, as it is not exactly what i had hoped for (a little too busy by the hood vents), but everything else looks great. i can't wait to see the performance data.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

interior wise, still not sure. it looks great, but i miss the gauges/pods. it seems SRT is trying to capture what the nissan GTR did with it's "information" screen (where you can see the g-force/oil/speed and what not), hence they no longer have the use for the gauges
Very good observation thats what the dash area and radio area reminds me off, very GTR like, not viper like, I do love the seats though

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front end as lost the spirit of the viper IMO Audi LED's Ferrari 612 front end (Thanks to Fiat). The front looks like a ferrari/Corvette front end. And 8.4L only 640hp ***?!?!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Power is a huge disappointment for me. Not only doesn't leapfrog the competition, doesn't even keep up with the competition in some cases.

Exterior styling is (only) ok

Interior is (only) ok. I like the Gen 3 gauge layout more more

I see nothing there that gives me any urge to replace my Paxton Gen 3 with a Gen 5, with one exception:

If this motor (unlike the Gen4s) could easilly accept a Paxton or mild TT, I might reconsider...

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the whole package, it met and or exceeded my expectations. My garage is empty, waiting for the reveal of the Vette is January then make a descision for my next .Based on the spy photos/redurings of the Vette, I am definitely leaning toward the Viper right now. Overall, great job SRT.

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This picture, and the fact that they're returning to professional road racing, says it all...

You must be registered for see images

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***. The race car version rear is what the street version should have looked like. SMDH. Hopefully the ACR has the race body.

I like a lot about the new Viper but it's a letdown IMO. Looks like no crow will be eaten. My biggest concern was the rear of the car and the rear looks weak. The tail lights shouldn't have extended the full width.

YES:

NO!!!:

The race Viper is a home run! If that (minus aero) was how the base Viper looked I would be doing cartwheels. *** is going on with the back of the street car. Terrible.

Overall the Viper lost touch with it's roots. The Euro/*** nutswing love affair is very evident in this new car.

Last edited:

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it. I am disappointed by the 640HP. I too was hoping for more. I will wait for the performance numbers before I pass too much judgment. Anyone in the market for a 97 B/W GTS with low miles? ;)

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
biggest question.....the site says a 19 speaker stereo....anyone else think that's stupid? other than that, I'm pretty pleased with how it looks and some of the stuff they did. only other mentionable would be it should have had more power.....the gt500 with basic bolt ons will be hard to beat unless they come out with a cheap blower bolt on.

overall good day for the viper community with the revealing of a new one (with WAY more technology)

Vipertastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This picture, and the fact that they're returning to professional road racing, says it all...

That's ironic. The previous generations had fog lamps on production cars with air ducts in place on the racing version, yet this is reversed.

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's ironic. The previous generations had fog lamps on production cars with air ducts in place on the racing version, yet this is reversed.
Need more lights for night racing at Le Mans etc. Also the front brake ducts are already integrated into the grill which is a higher pressure area and will achieve better air flow then out at the sides of the fascia.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have 2 versions for the first year. An SRT Viper and a GTS version.

Bruce

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be going to Le Mans too..... I'll be there if it does.

That makes 2 of us! Take the train down to Venray and you can ride with me! Crap we need to open a topic for all who are going and start a convoy!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not to say the Viper has gone soft on us. SRT will offer two models at launch, the Viper and the Viper GTS. The "base" Viper is aimed at the purists, the no-frills, hard-core fans. It gets a basic black interior, black headlight buckets and brake calipers, polished five-spoke wheels, a body-color rear trim panel, non-adjustable Bilstein shocks, and an old SRT10-style hood with six gaping vents. Chrysler's 8.4-inch touch-screen infotainment system is standard, but now features custom background images matched to the interior color and special SRT functions like engine output displays, extra gauges, g meters, and a lap timer that can save your track results and send them to a website where you can share them with your friends. Also standard is a 7-inch digital display in the center of the gauges that can be reconfigured to show in-car functions, a g meter, lap timers, and, of course, the tach. To top it off, a red Viper logo fades into the center of the tach as you approach redline

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1206_2013_srt_viper_first_look/viewall.html#ixzz1r6D1YKbQ

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is from the sticky thread posted above.

Two new models for any performance buyer
For the 2013 model year, two new models of the iconic supercar will be hand built at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit – the home for Viper since 1995. Both SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS models offer new interior and exterior designs incorporating premium materials and new exterior surfaces with aerodynamically functional details that are beautifully integrated into the high-tech carbon fiber and aluminum skin. On the inside, designers and engineers strived to rethink all touch points; and upgrade all material appointments and technologies.

“The SRT Viper model is meant to offer a perfect blend of extreme performance and a deliberate preservation of what has become the iconic DNA of the Viper,” Gilles added. “We strove to deliver a supercar that continues to bring the driver as close as possible to the machine.”

The SRT Viper GTS builds on the DNA of the SRT Viper model with more technologically advanced solutions, like two-mode active suspension, to allow this world-class GTS to find new limits on the track while also opening up its envelope as a more premium and mature evolution of the classic, extreme performance formula. Designed and built with premium features and materials inside and out, the Viper GTS will compete with the best performance vehicles in the world with a wide range of creature comforts, advanced drivetrain and interior technologies.

“We’ve purposely evolved the iconic soul and raw performance formula that Viper has maintained over the years,” Gilles said. “Our returning customers will see the world-class levels of pride, quality and hand craftsmanship built into the 2013 Viper. With two price classes of the SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS, we have offerings for both the traditional core Viper customer and for the new customer who wants the same performance in a package with more technology and premium creature comforts.”

Bruce

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bowers are you gonna yap or are you gonna buy :D. What's up buddy, good seeing you over here.

Andy Wheeler

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not to say the Viper has gone soft on us. SRT will offer two models at launch, the Viper and the Viper GTS. The "base" Viper is aimed at the purists, the no-frills, hard-core fans. It gets a basic black interior, black headlight buckets and brake calipers, polished five-spoke wheels, a body-color rear trim panel, non-adjustable Bilstein shocks, and an old SRT10-style hood with six gaping vents. Chrysler's 8.4-inch touch-screen infotainment system is standard, but now features custom background images matched to the interior color and special SRT functions like engine output displays, extra gauges, g meters, and a lap timer that can save your track results and send them to a website where you can share them with your friends. Also standard is a 7-inch digital display in the center of the gauges that can be reconfigured to show in-car functions, a g meter, lap timers, and, of course, the tach. To top it off, a red Viper logo fades into the center of the tach as you approach redline

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1206_2013_srt_viper_first_look/viewall.html#ixzz1r6D1YKbQ
Any pics of this car with the "old style" hood?

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bowers are you gonna yap or are you gonna buy :D. What's up buddy, good seeing you over here.

Andy Wheeler
Hey buddy! Hope all is well. I'm going to yap mostly. Getting married in 3 weeks (no money) and what little I do have I blow on the race track...

/Hijack

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they (or anyone) could produce a car everyone loved! This car CAN'T be everything to everyone. It is a huge step forward. The interior will make Corvette owners jealous...the power should make just about everyone jealous...and the car looks awesome.

If you guys (who are complaining) can do better.....then do it yourself....if not jump on board or get left behind, cuz I am sure this car is faster then yours!