Weldon fuel pump quit on me

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Weldon db 2025-a pump. This is supposed to be a heavy duty race pump. It's like $700! I've only had it for about 3-4 years and less than 10k miles on it. Is that what you get for $700? Is that normal for a "high quality" pump to quit this soon? At this rate I'll need to replace it every few yrs???:dunno:

I have the dial a flow installed but ran it full on most of the time. Did that wear it out that much faster?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You need to step up to the triple in tank setup. Technology has shown this to be the better setup. I think every tuner today is doing it this way.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have a brand new weldon 2345a fule pump for sale if you need it. in the box and everything :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send it back to Weldon to see if they will either a) rebuild it for free, or b) rebuild it. Sure, it's easy to say 'just go with an in-tank set-up' but the cost to change/modify your fuel lines might not justify it. I've run the 2345 for 4+ years w/o incident. As long as your tank was vented, you shouldn't have issues and Weldon may fix it for you.

my .02 (and not associated w/ Weldon in any way)

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update. After exhaustive diagnostic labor it wasn't the pump that was the problem. I connected the pump directly to the battery and it ran fine. I determined it was a short somewhere because I kept blowing fuses. After running up and down each and every wire and finding no kinks or breaks I decided to hook up the Weldon dial a flow directly to the battery. It sparked immediately and smoke started under the cover of the dial a flow. When I took it apart I found a nut lodged under the PCB. I couldn't figure how a nut would get in there until I noticed that one of the connections not being used had a screw in it but no nut on the inside. Obviously over time it worked itself loose and fell into the PCB. Now when I hook everything up no blown fuses.

I haven't got the car running yet because I need to get another dial a flow on Monday. Although I really don't need it since I run full out all the time anyway. But I can't figure out how to wire the pump without the dial a flow.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just an update. After exhaustive diagnostic labor it wasn't the pump that was the problem. I connected the pump directly to the battery and it ran fine. I determined it was a short somewhere because I kept blowing fuses. After running up and down each and every wire and finding no kinks or breaks I decided to hook up the Weldon dial a flow directly to the battery. It sparked immediately and smoke started under the cover of the dial a flow. When I took it apart I found a nut lodged under the PCB. I couldn't figure how a nut would get in there until I noticed that one of the connections not being used had a screw in it but no nut on the inside. Obviously over time it worked itself loose and fell into the PCB. Now when I hook everything up no blown fuses.

I haven't got the car running yet because I need to get another dial a flow on Monday. Although I really don't need it since I run full out all the time anyway. But I can't figure out how to wire the pump without the dial a flow.

You could get a heavy duty relay and hook it up that way. Connect a power source that turns on when you turn on your car to the relay and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wired the pump directly to the stock power wire through the relay that came with the dial a flow and grounded it to the chassis. It turns on for a second at start up and runs full on now.

I'm back in the saddle again! :headbang:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when are we going to see some drag strip results from that TT??