Well, that was weird...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my younger son for an impromptu cruise this evening. Had a supercharged S-10 pickup (very tricked out, complete with stripes) play for a while. VERY fast truck, but not quite fast enough. Never over the speed limit of course, as I have to set a good example for my son.

Anyway, the guy stopped at a light and we traded compliments. He mentioned there was a car show going on at a local diner. I thanked him and away we went. Found the diner and a small car show they were sponsoring. Some nice rides, including four Cobra replicas, a Z06, and some vintage metal. Jerry was also there with his red GTS. It was winding down and most had already left. Jerry and I were chatting about the upcoming meeting this Tuesday when a new black RT/10 pulled in the parking lot. He saw us and we waved to him. He then put the car in REVERSE and left! No wave, no smile, no nothing. I KNOW I remembered deodorant today and my son is too young to flip people off just yet. It was VERY weird, and I guess I can't make a pitch for him to join the VCA. Oh well...

Chris

PS. Despite this failure, we have signed up six new members for the KC Region in the past month!

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That way Jerry's boy friend, they are fighting right now and I do think Jerry has come out of the closet. We still love him, to each there own.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, I am pretty sure Jerry has something going on with that Greg guy in Olathe. As soon as they started finishing each other's sentences at the Viper meetings I knew something was up...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to jump to conclusions but it sounds like he got the car for posing and when he saw competition he left. Like he wanted to be the center of attention. Too bad.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSSX is just upset that my car is FASTER. Watch the "Fast and the Furious" one more time....It does not matter how much faster, it just matters who came across the line first.

I think Chris knows the truth, when he approached me at the car show, there were five young ladies hanging out beside my car. Out of all the cars at the show, they picked the bright red Viper.

Then on my way home two young ladies from K-State did a U-Turn when my Viper roared by. They just wanted to see the car. I offered a ride and they accepted. Her friend road in Joe's bright yellow Lotus Turbo. I am sure they will talk about the Red Rocket ride for some time!

That was really weird with the guy in the black Viper. Pulls up and then just drives off. Maybe he thought that DSSX was going to show up and he did not have his "Exit Only" sign ready for the back door
smile.gif

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow 2001 Lotus Turbo belongs to Joe. He is OK. Even though he does "not yet" drive a Viper.
He may have a change of heart if he ever needs major service. Kansas City is such a Cow Town. No Ferrari, Lotus, Lambo, Bentley, RR, etc dealers!