Were you into Mopars before Viper

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar or no car always been for me. Guess I'll be on a bike soon!

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:
i know what you mean. Granted, I am trying to find ways to stay OFF my bike due to my latest injury.:( Guess I might have to do alot of walkin!!:D

I was born and bred around Mopars. During the 60's 70's and 80's my dad worked in Chrysler Product Development, specificaly the trans lab. Back in the days before the proving grounds he would bring test cars home, pick me up and go out on a local rual two lane road and try to do anything he could to break the trans. I remember him rocking the car between forward and reverse with his foot buried in the throttle. He would take readings from a bunch of gauges mounted in the car and take notes. You couldn't see through the smoke and all you could smell was rubber.

In 1962 he got involved with the factory drag race programs and became an original member of the Plymouth Golden Commandos, they were Plymouth's version of the Dodge Ramchargers. For being from the same "stable" they were pretty feirce competitors. Here is a picture of my sister and I standing by the 1964 car in our driveway.

I don't think I ever had anything but a Mopar, my first car was a '64 Dart convertible, '73 New Yorker, Challenger convertable, Arrow, '73 Road Runner, K-car,Laser, Conquest, Mini van, Dakotas, Durangos, Cherokees, LHS, 300, Pacificas, Ram, '69 Road Runner and best of all a 2002 Viper!

Sweet story! Even nicer pics! Love the old 60's crew cab.:2tu:

Robert

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i bought a 67 coronet r/t from a junkyard when i was 14, still got it. Started going to the nats that year.

I am all Mopar :) Sorry for all the pics but the thread is getting me excited thinking of all my old cars!

Here is my R/T and Dad's GTX. Took about 10 years to get them both on the road.
You must be registered for see images

2nd car was 84 CJ-7, slightly modded, rolled and sunk into a lake when I was 17.

Replaced jeep with 93 dakota 3.9, rolled up 280k miles on it then traded it for a M715

it is in pieces now for a rebuild

About the same time i got a good deal on a 47/51 willys cj2a, paid 750 bucks for this one. still have it sitting at my dads

I liked that jeep alot but it is too slow, so I got another to modify. got the glass body on ebay for 500 bucks, 225 buick odd fire, lockers, disc brakes. i went to college before i got it done, sitting in my dads warehouse still.
You must be registered for see images attach

My car in college was a 87 GLH-S, with super 60 package.

Do willys and amc jeeps count?

GLH-S broke down alot, got a 95 neon from my brother. very slow put nos on it, blew up engine in Fargo flood.

After neon broke got 97 TJ

Moved to colorado after college, TJ didn't have A/C traded in for a WRX (bad decision)

Traded WRX for 03 Rubicon, put on Turbo and 35's WILD RIDE!

Trade Rubi in for 01 D-max (wanted 03 ctd but didnt have enough money)

Bought a porsche 930 for a fun car during this period.

Then traded in 01 Dmax for 05 CTD (puttin on twin turbos, duel fuellers, and all the other goodies to get 700hp)

Sold porsche 930 and now looking to replace it with a b/w viper.

mopar or no car :headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I did complete bodywork, custom side scoops and Hemi hoodscoop.Base silver paint with Abstract Flames in Sapphire Candy color with a Clear topcoat that I added a red pearle to. My buddy paid me $1,000 for that job @ $3/hr.

Built this 68 cuda 440 with a Leaf link susp (similar to Motwon Missle) for street racing (old days as I don't do that anymore.)

400hp Daytona Super 60+ a few extras and my 440 Duster street machine doing the towing.

I built this '80 Firearrow 440 Prostreeter. Fullchassis and ran 10.4 in street trim with treaded Sprint Car tires. Turned on my Profogger Nitrous and blew the engine - then coasted to a 9.5@118mph. Total Copmagnet though. Model was a Tim Hortons waitress and pics were taken at Cresent Beach.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought this 6cyl auto Gold (lightweight) Duster for $50 because it ahd NO rust. It took a month to pull all the dents out of the car and paint it. Then I installed a 340/360, 4 speed and SS springs, 8 3/4 rear axle etc. Sold teh car for downpayment on my 1st house 1 week after I finished it. Car came back to me 4 years later with a blown engine. I installed a tunnelrammed 440. Drove the car to racetrack (200miles) and got 14mpg and ran 12.2@118mph in street trim with skinny street tires (in third gear).

I've always done all my own car mods and ran a performance/custom shop for 10 years. I figure half the fun in cars is the building and modifying.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if my handle here deosnt tell you that answer i dont know will.

ive had over 40 old mopars since i was 16, sold all the old junk though to help pay for the viper.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My very first "car" was a Brand new 1999 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T. I got it 6 mos. after I turned 16 and LOVED that truck. I almost slept in it the night I got it. Only had it for 1 year before the buy-back program was offered. Strayed from Dodge and went with two Honda's, one Toyota, and a Lexus before I finally got my dream car, the Viper :2tu: It's all sadly downhill from here. :(

Jason