what a day in NJ!!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesterday at the colts neck in at least 20 vipers,1 lamborgani,and 1 prowler at the perkins across form the colts neck inn.Todays action will include drag racing(if possible do to rain)and also a car show.I have to say those candians can get there vipers looking like the one in lemans.What an awasome sight.This event is going to be a hit!!!
You must be registered for see images

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Special thanks to the NJ VCA for organizing such an awesome event. Friday was a spectacular day for both drag racing and autocrossing. Goody bags (great polo shirt by the way), three delicious meals, Vipers everywhere, camaraderie, sharing experiences, on and on.

On the strip, I had hoped for something in the 11's. My car is stock save Belanger headers and exhaust, SVSi shifter and a de-baffled air box. On street tires I ran 12.14, 12.15 and 12.17. My 60' times were all over 2 seconds so I need to get a better launch. Not too bad, eh?

Autocrossing was fun except I drove like a maniac and spun the car a few times (twice on one run). I later learned that I provided quite a few laughs for the onlookers including my new friends brothers Steve and Mike (I still want to buy your 11.77 time slip) from New England.

What a tremendous group of people. I had an absolutely fabulous time!

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I just got back from englishtown and man what an event!!!
I would like to thank Evan for a 700 hp ride and Joe for a job well done at the event

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Let's not forget Jamie's 10.98 on STREET TIRES!!! and Don Nase solid runs with a low of 10.8!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe thanks for the compliment and for putting on a nice event wish I could of stayed for saturday. The weather was great for racing, had I of known it was going to be that cool on friday I would of brought my slicks with me the pzero's were a little slippery but the track was really nice.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got home a few moments ago... what a TON of fun this was.

Steve and I drove down from Boston - left at about 5am and got there just in time to start drag racing. I was lucky and the track was good, and I ran an [email protected] - my best run ever. The car has only K&Ns, Smoothies, and I removed the rear muffler... did anyone beat that time for a stock car?

Joe, it was great to meet you - and your car is beautiful - sounds just as good as it looks. You *definitely* have an 11 second run in the car, and if you've got the drag racing bug, I'm sure you'll pull it off. Like I tell everyone, the key is lightning quick shifts, and a hard launch with just a tad of clutch slip

I took a ton of pictures, and I'll get them up on my site soon - until then I want to thank Joe Houss for putting this thing together - you really showed us all a great time and it just proves the advantages of VCA membership. Those factory cars were a ton of fun to beat on
, I just wish I could have taken one down the 1/4. Joe, there was a guy in a black "modern performance" shirt with a camcorder - he 'interviewed' me on tape - do you know what the interview was for? Will it ever be aired? I'd love to check it out.

Thanks again to all the great guys and girls I met there - can't wait to see you all again next year, and thanks again to Joe for making this such a spectacularly good time!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to miss Saturday - how did the AX go with the two Dodge cars? Do we have the lucky (skilled) winners that are going to Detroit?

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great time. All three days were absolutely unbeatable. Any of you Northeast zone guys who missed it should really try to make it next year. I know I'll do everything possible to make it each and every year they have it in the future.

Thanks to all those who put in sooooo much time and effort to organize this event (most notably Joe Houss ) and thanks to the sponsors who made it possible as well, Nick from Modern Performance and Buhler Dodge in Red Bank, the only two companies you really need to know about in NJ for your Viper purchasing and performance mods.

Phil

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wow! You're all very welcome, and remember, as much as I was there to sweat out the details (my head is still spinning), this was truly a ZONE rendezvous! There were many behind the scenes that made this possible, especially Tony (Mr President) Estes, Fiona and Kim at JR Thompson, Larry (cough up another 5 bucks) Boulet, Don (both Sr and JR) Nase, Adel (NJ Pres) Elsayed, Andy (VA/MD Pres) Levitt, Darren Buhler (Buhler Dodge) and Nick Mannarino (Modern Performance) and so many others!

...and the great news is....

Raceway Park and both sponsors of this event have made it clear that they want this event to be even bigger next year!!!!!

By the way, I'll post all the winner's names a bit later...but the two winners of the AUTOCROSS CHALLENGE are:

Paul (we thought you only knew how to drag race) Suloff 46.28!
and introducing Mashour (Mash) Al-Harithy 47.12! who just picked up his leftover 2000 ACR 10 days ago!!!!

Congratulations to both lucky winners!

Some momentus 1/4 mile times:
10.87 Don Nase
10.98 Jamie Furman (Heffner Supercharger and street tires!)
11.76 Mike Brunton

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's some quick shots:

ABS + RAIN = YYYYYEEEESSS!

3 DAYS OF UNLIMITED TRACK TIME!

OK, IF I ONLY COULD GET MY FINGER OUT OF THIS DARN LOOP!

WHAT D'YA MEAN RED LIGHT!

WAIT A MINUTE, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE FACING THE OTHER DIRECTION!

PAUL PREPARES FOR HIS AUTOCROSS WIN

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am new to the club, only owning my car for 10 days and it being my fist viper.
i had the greatest time, attending both days was a blast. it being my fist group meeting. Thanks to everyone, this is surely the friendliest group of people i have meet in a long time, everyone offering to help from tips on when to let the clutch go too what one does when u spin the rear in Auto Crossing. I wanted to thank Joseph Houss for making me feel like i have been apart of the group since it was established and being so helpful during the whole event, Also wanted to thank Ron Hickey for letting me borrow his helmet and showing me the ropes, Jason Heffner for answering all my dumb questions about modding my viper. and Bryon for putting up with me on the way there and back.

I honestly wish there were more events like this.

Never Drag Raced nor Auto Crossed, in a viper or any other car. Here are a few of my times: in the 1/4 mile, got a best of [email protected] in my bone stock ACR and i got the second lowest time in the Autocross 47.12

To all those who missed this event, all i can say is that u guys missed a lot. and to all the new viper owners who don’t have much experience driving vipers like me, don’t miss out on the next event, u learn so much about your car and how it handles in the dry/wet that a meeting like this is a must.

c ya all next year

Mashour Al-Harithy

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it.
I missed Tator's and Englishtown both this year.
See you next year at both.
Please post more pictures.
Anyone have any video?

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you all had a great time. So what was the final number of participants. How many runs did people get in the Dodge supplied cars. I bet you all had fun running them in the wet. How did Joe H fair in the Autocross? Getting ready to send out the invitations for the Mid-western Rendezvous on August 3 and 4th at Joliet Dragway home of the new NHRA Nationals records set this past weekend. I hope we have much warmer weather than they did. Congratulations to the two Northeastern representatives. Remember to practice in the next few months. We need a very strong showing against the Team Viper guys. By the way, you may want to start practicing left foot braking as that seems to be a trick many of their top drivers use.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's some more from another thread:

OUR TWO HOT ENTRANTS

WOWWW! HOW 'BOUT HEATIN' UP THOSE SLICKS

THE PARTIES ALMOST OVER....

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Let me see if I can answer all your questions:

We had about 70 attendees (most stayed for at least 2 days).

Each participant got 2 shots at 2 laps (4 laps total) in the 2001's, but plenty...and I mean plenty of additional laps in their own cars (there was actually times when the autox was empty because most had to take a break!).

...how did Joe H do in the autox? ... very well!

....actually my best time was 47.65 ... not too shabby.

By the way, the ACR equipped cars averaged about 1-2 second! benefit to most drivers vs their non-ABS cars.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's some more photos:

OK, this is for the trip to Detroit!

Larry B does a little side betting

Canadian Pleasure

Olivier.... where are you?

Biff .... sad to leave

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Our friends at Raceway Park laugh it up with the Nase duo

Two babes took all the money!!!!

Our Vipers were always ready to take on the 1/4!

Can life be more fun than this?

Snakes relaxin' at the Inn

Teching is tough: "What do you mean that's a STOCK motor?"