What about your Gen2?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a copy of a post and answer in another thread.
Do your Gen 2 has those 2 features?

[h=2]Re: Gen II dash ?[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Paul Hawker
When many of the Gen II's came from the factory, the owners manual was placed in the pouch behind the passenger's seat. Might be worth a look. You also might find a pencil sized metal hook, that was used to remove the center hub caps.

Yellow light was a government mandated upshift indicator, to let you know when to shift into the next higher gear for fuel economy. In the Viper this often conflicted with the also mandated 2nd-4th gear skip shift. If you shift when the yellow light first goes on, you will also trigger the annoying skip shift. Most of us just ignore the little yellow light, and wind it out just a bit to avoid the skip shift.

A really cool item, is that the little yellow light serves a dual purpose. When approaching the rev limit, it turns red, and lets you know you are close to the rev limiter, and should shift up to the next gear. First car I ever drove that had a factory stock shift light.

As far as your dash dimmer controller, if you turn it all the way down until it clicks, your interior lights will not then come on when you open your doors. Kinda stealth mode.
Nice to know if you are working on your car, or just have the door open to listen to the radio while waxing it, so your battery will not be drained by the interior lights staying on for hours.

You will also see a tiny red blinking light on the backside of your rear view mirror. This will blink fast or slow to notify you of the status of your alarm system.

Vipers are really pretty clever vehicles. Lots of extra thought went into their design.

I don't know witch car you are talking about but i never saw a gen2 ( including my 00GTS) having either the shift light turn red or a blinking light on the backside of the rear view mirror.​

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I don't know witch car you are talking about but i never saw a gen2 ( including my 00GTS) having either the shift light turn red or a blinking light on the backside of the rear view mirror.[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

You just haven't taken your car up to a high enough RPM. Next time accelerate your car up until you see the up arrow change to red. Just make sure not to stop until you see RED........................ :lmao:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just haven't taken your car up to a high enough RPM. Next time accelerate your car up until you see the up arrow change to red. Just make sure not to stop until you see RED........................ :lmao:

That's cold.......:devteeth:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an instance of the check engine light flash at high RPM when I was experiencing spark blow-out. Kinda freaked me out. It would be interesting to see the actual PCM logic programming that computes some of these warnings.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have those features and everyone knows about the interior light switch thingy. Kinda like Geico.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '01 GTS does not have a shift light ... only the skip shift indicator which is a white upward arrow until you get high enough RPM in 1st gear. Also, my alarm status light is on top of the dash, not on the back of the mirror.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude