What brake pads for (LOW DUST) street use?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
for Those Who Have Changed, Are The Pistons Easy To Get Back In Or Do You Need A Special Tool And It Takes Forever? On My Daily Driver I Can Change The Fronts In 5 Minutes And It Takes Forever On The Backs As They Have To Screw In, And Even With A Special Tool It Takes A Significant Amount Of Time And Frustration. Thanks For Any Information.

The Year Matters

OP
OP
S

Somewhere in Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I decided to order Hawk HPC ceramic. I called Hawk direct to obtain part numbers for front and rear pads. They only offer pads for the front.

I don't want two different brands front and back. Jesus. Back to the drawing board.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put HPS on my car today. Just used my hands to push the pistons back, super easy. Somewhere around 5min per side once the wheel is off.

No idea what pads were on it:
You must be registered for see images

Nick

FlyBy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nick,

How do you like the Hawk HPS pads now that you've had them for a while?

How's do they compare to stock performance and how's the noise and dust?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick,

How do you like the Hawk HPS pads now that you've had them for a while?

How's do they compare to stock performance and how's the noise and dust?

Also, Nick, What is that garage floor covering ? White carpet ?? :omg:

I just put HPS on my car today. Just used my hands to push the pistons back, super easy. Somewhere around 5min per side once the wheel is off.

No idea what pads were on it:

Nick

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carquest sells a ceramic set that I used on my RT10 that were fantastic for low dust. Not all that expensive either if I recall correctly.

Wagner Ceramic MX968 $41 from Advance Auto. After EBC and Hawk pads tore up my 2 piece rotors. I had them turned and went with the Wagners. No dust and the same braking.

I just remembered I got a $20 rebate for each set plus my cost there was $31 so I ended up spending $22 for my pads.

thanks for admitting this, :D

i bought the wagners for 2 of my other cars, not enough miles on them to tell yet though :eater:

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen! Was thinking the exact same thing after reading these posts.. What does it take to wipe down wheels.. 4 min? And for that, you ignore pads that offer the best stopping?

I never quite understand this debate. Do you want to stop in a high performance car or not? Forget about the dust and go for stopping power AND buy and carry a california duster that you only use on the wheels. I look at the dust on my wheels with a sense of pride after a drive. GTS Bruce

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any one run Posi Quite pads on the viper? I put a set on the Wifes Lexus about a year ago and a set on my commnader and absolutely love them. Very Low dust, great bite and definitely no squeeling :2tu:

I have the original formula EBC Greens on the Gen I and have to say definitely no dust, but a lot less bite too. I can tell a big difference when driving the 01 with the OEM pads on it. Then again with the OEM pads, I can drive 10 minutes and the HRE's are black.

I think this spring I may switch the GTS to the Posi Quite Pads and give them a try.
Dodge Viper 92 93-02 FRONT Semi-Met Brake Pads LOW DUST - eBay (item 360342218883 end time Mar-07-11 18:56:01 PST)

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, both you guys are absolutely sure that we can't get superior breaking performance and low dust in the same product?

I never quite understand this debate. Do you want to stop in a high performance car or not? Forget about the dust and go for stopping power AND buy and carry a california duster that you only use on the wheels. I look at the dust on my wheels with a sense of pride after a drive. GTS Bruce

Amen! Was thinking the exact same thing after reading these posts.. What does it take to wipe down wheels.. 4 min? And for that, you ignore pads that offer the best stopping?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4