What do you guys do about a new head unit\stereo?

phantred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys do about a new head unit\\stereo?

I'm kind of a stickler for color matching, and the guages and air conditioner and head unit all glow orange at night, you can't find any head unit(except a sony) to replace the factory that matches.

Any suggestions? I've looked around for interior pictures of other peoples cars, but understandably, interior is second place to perormance for most viper owners.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What do you guys do about a new head unit\\stereo?

yeh I hear ya' on the color thing. I searched for a unit, but couldn't find one that had all I wanted-XM, CD, and compatability with the sub/5 channel amp I wanted. Went with a Panasonic w/remote. I don't even think about the color now 'cause the sound is so amazing. I kept the stock stereo in case I ever want to go back haha. uhhh WHY?

I think the MGW knobs would look good with this setup too

9456viperradio1.JPG

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I already did this research. This stereo has plenty of power and is a removeable face. And it matches the style of the car better than the original Alpine. The big plus is that it "glows" red and matches the gauges PERFECTLY. Not bad for $150!
http://store.kenwoodusa.com/product.asp?sku=2730126

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have an Alpine and you can change the colors of the buttons. I changed mine to match the color of the GTS gauges. Looks great. I too wanted something that had similar colors.

OP
OP
P

phantred

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what model?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang