what do you think a 06 can do in 2/14 mile

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to do a 2/1/4 mile long run away top speed soon.im debating to take the diablo or viper but im more leaning on the viper.i have a stock 06 .what do yiou think i can hit in 2 1./4 mile long runway?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing it would hit top speed of 190 plus. That is if you keep your foot to the floor.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to do a 2/1/4 mile long run away top speed soon.im debating to take the diablo or viper but im more leaning on the viper.i have a stock 06 .what do yiou think i can hit in 2 1./4 mile long runway?

I would suggest that if you can't articulate 2.25 miles you probably don't want to try it..

Best of luck....

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have had it at 160 and it had plenty to go ,the diablo 180 many xs and all of this of course on a closed track.i will let you all know what speed i hit in june.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I too would guess 190 plus depending on elevation. Higher speeds would be achieved closer to sea level on a cooler day.

Make sure your alignment is good to go for a top speed run.

Also make sure your tires are inflated properly, usually a bit higher than for normal street driving.

Dan

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what tire pressure would you recomend i have the stock runflats.will have mich ps2s by than,or maybe if things go good a 08 model

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd recommend you talk to someone who's done a top speed run.

I ran 165 mph for about 50 miles while running the Silver State, but have not run over 190 mph ..... yet. I think I ran 35 psi cold in my Pilots but I'm not certain.

I think there is a reference in the manual to extended high speed driving but I'm not sure. Someone on this board will know.

Good luck,

Dan

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving 2 1/4 miles will not stress a stock or lightly modified viper. Tires should not overheat in just a couple minutes.

Vipers are strong. Just put your foot in it, and make every shift solid.

Make sure your tires are fairly new, inflated to +29 lbs, have fresh fluids, well aligned and balanced wheels, clean filters, and put the hammer down.

Also make sure you have a chance to come up to speed as a driver. Maybe there is a way to ease into this run so you will not be in unfamiliar territory when you make the big run.

Keep your focus clear, and realize that anything going wrong a these speeds must be attend to with a cool reaction.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get your tires X-RAYED before you do this.

This is offered as a service and it could potentially save your life.

Even though the possibility of a disaster is remote, evening the odds in your favor each little percent is worth it, yes? Those tires are the only thing preventing you from skidding off into oblivion, other than your skills.

Tim

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments ,iam looking forward to the event.i may be driving the 08 instead of the 06 if this deal goes through,eitheir way im looking forward to the run.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are in LA.

Have Dan Cragin at DC Performance take a look at your car before you go.

He has tons of experience preparing Vipers for high speed runs.

Knows what is important. He has been there many times before.

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill give him a call,as long as tires,alignment,fluids are all good should be fine ,i have been up to 160 from take off many xs ,if any one in los angeles areawants to try let me know.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments ,iam looking forward to the event.i may be driving the 08 instead of the 06 if this deal goes through,eitheir way im looking forward to the run.

Adam, why even debate; take both and then compare the results for each. :) A Diablo should hit 170+ easily, and the Viper will probably do about 20 MPH better.

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the diablo i cant do a hard take off,clutchs are not a strong point for the car.i have had the diablo close to 180 and over slight dips and the car is solid.there will be mostly all lambos,ferraris and carrera gts and a couple of ford gts that will be there.when hitting 130 plus the diablo will start pulling away from the viper thats when the diablo really wakes up its an amazing car,i love both and are so diffrent from eachother.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the diablo i cant do a hard take off,clutchs are not a strong point for the car.i have had the diablo close to 180 and over slight dips and the car is solid.there will be mostly all lambos,ferraris and carrera gts and a couple of ford gts that will be there.when hitting 130 plus the diablo will start pulling away from the viper thats when the diablo really wakes up its an amazing car,i love both and are so diffrent from eachother.

Maybe if you had the Viper boggin in 6th, outside of that I couldn't see a Diablo pulling away from the Viper. The Viper, if in the right gear, should not get smoked by a Diablo at 130mph, based on my having driven both.