What doe you guys/ gals think of this Wideband O2 kit? Looks nice!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
get me a good price...I am waiting and need one bad...I have a hole in my pipe where my old PLX wideband used to be...I need to fill it soon! :D :2tu:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony,

Do you think by Monday or Tuesday you will be ready?

Can you list the one I need? I'm a bit confused on what to get on their site...it's not easy to navigate through since they have so many knick knacks...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um... you can always order the O2 sensor from the VW place (like $45 after shipping) and just tie up the leads until you buy the controller...

JD

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the hole is the problem.....go to any auto shop and tell them you need an old o2 sensor to plug the hole. I keep old ones in stock just for that. Or go to a parts store and buy a spark plug for an old ford. Probably something like a 1970 truck with a V8 (big course threads)

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nope, the hole is not the prob..I have an old O2...I used to plug it up...I just want to get a wideband on to do some data logging...plus I like gadgets! :D

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony let me take a look at yours..

That brings back memories Ab :shocked: :cool: . Just like when we stayed in the same room at VOI7 :laugh:

Damnn I must have missed that perverted thought of yours. :eek:

I knew there was a reason why you were running around in your ****** tighties!

Sicko! :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony let me take a look at yours..

That brings back memories Ab :shocked: :cool: . Just like when we stayed in the same room at VOI7 :laugh:

Damnn I must have missed that perverted thought of yours. :eek:

I knew there was a reason why you were running around in your ****** tighties!

Sicko! :D

VERY tight in a certain area.....you know what I'm talking about :eek: :cool:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just order it! Their ordering process is a bit confusing.

How long should it take to get it? Any idea?

How much is the wide band 02 I need to get? The link you sent me doesn't show a part # on it.

What part number is the wide band 02 I need to get?

The only reason it was tight in certain areas was because you were not getting any action from your better half. I guess I was the C*ck block that weekend! LOL! (Because I was in the same room...I had to clear that up before people got the wrong idea!).

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You only need one sensor. You may need to change the quantity in the box then hit recalculate. Make sure you get a notice that they have the order.....you may want to call after a few days to confirm the order.

Try this one

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony that is a wideband O2 that goes with that kit? Pretty cheap! Is that a special wideband o2 that the kit uses or are there other brands out there I can use with the kit?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
this is the right one right?

Items Ordered:
Item: Electrical, Powertrain control, Oxygen sensor, OXYGEN SENSOR, Golf, GTI, 1.8L, Front
Price: 38.2900
Qty: 1
Total: 38.2900

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh damn I wish I had seen this thread earlier... if anyone wants one, and it is cheaper to ship to me locally in Australia and have me ship it to you as "a gift" so you don't get taxed, I'm at your service!

Just say the word :)

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Miles, what do you mean by taxed?

I spent nearly $500 all together for this kit. How much would I have saved with you? They have not run my card as of yet?

This is my invoice.

Verify : securityNumber (details suppressed)
Totals : Goods = $585.00, postage = $24.00 (950 grams), insurance = $17.00, gst = $0.00
Payment : using Visa (details suppressed).

I spent nearly $626 AUD.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean the tax that Uncle Sam might hit you with when it enters the country and it has "$US500" written on the Customs slip. I don't know what sort of tax rate you'd get hit with? I know entering Australia I've been stung with anywhere between 10% and 45%. Anyone know?? Of course, when the Free Trade Agreement goes through on 1/1/05, the taxes should all disappear?

Now the downside of shipping to me is that there's a good chance tech edge will have to charge 10% GST as it is going to an Australian address.. never know though, might be OK cos it's a US card he's billing.

Anyway, what I'm saying is try to figure out what import tax you'll get hit with on entering the USA, and if it's worse than 10%, you can get it delivered to me, and I will ship it on to you as a $0 gift. I'd hate to see you get busted for like $200 tax when there's a better way :)

EDIT: tech edge only ship to an address they can verify against your card.. so unless the tax rate is f****n huge, it's probably not worth all the trouble to you :( ah well, if there's any way I can help, I'm always here :)