What electric box is this

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,im Petri from sweden,i bought ray w -98 gts,im trying to find out what box i found that is not fully wired in,asked ray but he didnt know what it could be,car has a vec1 and nos,from the nos button inside the car goes cables out to the engine,those cables goes to a little box and from there to the throttle positions,before this box at the same wiring there also goes cables to the nos solenoids and from the same wiring againg before the throttle box comes 2 cables blue and black that are in 1 socket and goes to one little black box and they are wired in this box,this is the box i want to know what it is,there are also 2 yellow cables from this box that isnt wired anywhere,and then there is also to green cables that whas drawn to the airtemp sensor at the airfilter box,but there is already cables wired in the sensor,the 2 green cables are only taped around the airtemp oem cable,i dont know if these have something to do with the airtemp or if they only are taped there,so what box is that.

/Petri

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flux capacitor connections?

:D

Ahem....welcome on board!

:needpics:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Petri, take some pictures of the box and I will ask the Viper tech who did the work on the car what it is if I don't recognize it.

OP
OP
P

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ray,i will take pictures tonight.

/Petri

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Petri, I am willing to bet that is a window switch for the nitrous system and the two wires that don't connect to anything are for a second stage nitrous system :2tu: can you tell me exactly which wire is tapped into at the TPS ? send plenty of good pics with a little better discription if you can but all the mentioned connections sound like a window switch. :)

OP
OP
P

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 black and 1 blue in a 2 pin socket that goes some where around the tps, i have to look on the car tonight again,2 yellow cables not wired and 2 green cables not wired,those are the cables from the mystery box, and what is a window switch, american language is difficult sometimes when it comes to words that has to do with car stuff.

/Petri

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 black and 1 blue in a 2 pin socket that goes some where around the tps, i have to look on the car tonight again,2 yellow cables not wired and 2 green cables not wired,those are the cables from the mystery box, and what is a window switch, american language is difficult sometimes when it comes to words that has to do with car stuff.

/Petri

A window switch is an electronic device that can be programmed to only allow the nitrous to activate and de-activate with in a pre-set RPM Window from a signal from your tachometer. Example: Nitrous comes on at 3000rpm and goes off at 5500rpm so as not to come on too soon to loose traction or damage parts and go off before the rev limiter is engaged so as not to sneeze nitrous and severly damage the engine..

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the box,that cable that is going to the solenoids is also the same that is going to that box,they are wired together from the same place so those 2 sockets are same we can say,so 1 goes to solenoids and 1 to that box and the yellow and the green ones are not wired anywhere,opend the box and there are to chips.

/Petri

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not call/email the Nitrous kit manufacturer? If it's wired into the Nitrous system, it may a mnufacturerers's add on?

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is part of the NOS system. If it is plugged in between the wires that go to the throttle bodies it senses Wide Open Throttle and releases the NOS. It should have been on the driver's side fender well near the cruise control unit.

OP
OP
P

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a other small black box at the fender near the cruise control unit and that goes to the throttle bodies,this one is wired together with the cables to the solenoids and this one was located at the same place where the oem engine control box is,the blue cable at the socket that goes to the solenoids and the blue cable on that other socket that goes to this box, both these blue cables go to a relay at pin 87.

/Petri

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't ever remember seeing that box in the picture. I thought it was the TPS box on the fender. It is still probably some other controller for the NOS since it is going to the NOS solenoids. I don't think it is part of the VEC 1 or part of the cruise control.

OP
OP
P

Petri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes its for sure something that has to do with the nos.

/Petri