What Headers to buy

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 00" GTS ACR with a Paxton Supercharger, at 7.5 LBS boost it made 577RWHP @6000 Rpm, wanting to improve those numbers I feel my belr was slipping so probably lost some boost preasure there, I want to buy some headers that will go with the supercgarger and maybe some future mods as well, Back to my original question what is the concensus for headers...Thanks in advance for any info.

Chris

see pics of of my car in the photo gallery at:
Vancouver BC Wheel Alignment Balancing Brakes Frame Straightening - West Coast Alignment & Frame

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
belanger ... and a good cat back system also you will need some head work atleast 1.7 rockers keep in mind you will increase horse power but you will loose boost do to back pressure

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bellangers and the RR's.

but call DLM and ask doug about a better tensioner for the belt.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will buck the trend and say HMS/TNT/B&B 5 into 1 headers. For the paxton, it will need to breath better at the higher RPMs and the 5 into 1s do that. Balengers are more suited for increased mid-range torque.

hardtop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will buck the trend and say HMS/TNT/B&B 5 into 1 headers. For the paxton, it will need to breath better at the higher RPMs and the 5 into 1s do that. Balengers are more suited for increased mid-range torque.

American Racing also makes a nice header.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
M&M performance has headers on some Paxton cars making over 1k RWHP. They do work well on a mod engine. Very reasonable to buy to:)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....I have a 00" GTS ACR with a Paxton Supercharger, at 7.5 LBS boost it made 577RWHP @6000 Rpm, wanting to improve those numbers I feel my belr was slipping so probably lost some boost preasure there, I want to buy some headers that will go with the supercgarger and maybe some future mods as well, Back to my original question what is the concensus for headers...Thanks in advance for any info. Chris...........

Consensus? There are almost certainly more BELANGERS on Vipers than any other...
Then B+B.....
We prefer Belanger (As does Dodge/SRT it seems) for 7 distinct advantages over most other brands. We do offer the OPTION of not having a velocity cone (pickle) if you insist...... Christmas Sale, In stock; Call for more, and THANKS

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will also speak for the quality of Belanger headers, as well as the ease of fitment on the car. They really are, even a caveman can do it.

As far as the best for your application regarding design types, listen to the others here.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a pic of the Belangers i took a few years ago with the pickle, as everyone has said they are easy to install, look good and deliver some extra performance

190headers.jpg

purchased from Partsrack

R

RTED

I have Borla Headers on my Gen I, very happy with them, outstanding quality. Had them jet hot coated to 2500 degrees. Check this listing out on Ebay item #120348065527 (no reserve) currently at $250:omg:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Borla Headers on my Gen I, very happy with them, outstanding quality. Had them jet hot coated to 2500 degrees. Check this listing out on Ebay item #120348065527 (no reserve) currently at $250:omg:

I had Borla headers for a GenII and the headers in that auctions looks nothing like them. The Borla headers made great torque in the low-mid RPM range but quality was pathetic. Here are some pics of the Borla GenII headers:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 3/4" only for supercharged. Bigger for extreme hp. Headers designed for 5-600hp obvioulsy leave much to be desired for 1,000hp engines (double the amount of exhaust), and likewise.

Sean Roe said that the pickles in a Belanger would cost 20rwhp+ on a supercharged engine. Looking at the headers with pickles installed there's not much room around the pickles for flow and looks really restrictive. I have TNTs on my car and Belangers that I removed the pickles from.

Ted

Ted

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well if numbers are proof, all make great power. Some more than others when the car is boosted versus NA.

I am running M&M Headers on my 1000+ RWHP Car. The best thing besides the power is the customer service. Matt is top notch !!

BOOSTED CAR ????? = M&M Headers

Todd

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang