What i found when i changed my oil?

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a screw, about a 1/4" with a phillips head on it???????? just got the car a few weeks ago, so this is my first oil change? few other questions about maintanence. i know the car takes 10 qts, but i only used 9.5 and it is to the full line. also, brake fluid is a bit low, what is the factory filled with, Mopar? what can i use, any recomendations? next, i dont have a owners manuel. the coolant makes me nervous if i dont change it out every year, the car has now 16k miles. the service manual that was faxed to me from Steve, (thanks Steve) says not to change it till 51k miles. what are ur thoughts on that?

thanks u all,
chan

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Screw is from the tray attached to the oil pan, no biggie, just remove pan, clean and locktite all screw holes. (red locktite)

OP
OP
W

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, u all are awesome. ill take it to the dealer, i just changed the oil. wish i had them warranty it and change it for me. how or why do they come lose? what are the long term affects?

thanks,
chan

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Your car has Mopar DOT 4 as the factory fill (brake and clutch)...works well for street usage. For track, consider switch to Castrol SRF or Motul 600...NOTE that these have time limits listed on side of container...i.e., one doesn't use these fluids for the LONG TERM post track usage.

Personally, I'd change the coolant now.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The year matters" How old is it? I would change ALL fluids to get a baseline.

OP
OP
W

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to have to assume, ill email the previous owner, that the fluids are from factory fill?????? although he was pretty meticulous about his car. the fluid color is clean. ill find out. the coolant looks like it could use a change.

thanks,
chan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456