What insurance company for Agreed Value policy?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is everyone using? The local agent for Hagerty (former VCA member) just informed me my car wouldn't qualify. So what companies are you guys using? What should I expect to pay?

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use Grundy for my 09 B/W vert. It's Agreed Value of 75k with no mileage restrictions. $100 deductable. The annual premium is $1,107. Ryan, I imagine the mods scared away Hagerty?
Good luck with your search.

Scott

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grundy here as well.
I bumped the deductible up to $750 and got the annual premium down to $1550.00
Agreed value 160K.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Grundy shut me down because I didn't have enough cars
(yeah, I know...) I just started whith PHLY and so far have
no complaints. They used to underwrite Grundy before the
changeover so I get the feeling they're pretty much the
same. I've never filed a claim or anything but customer
service and payments haven been headache free so far.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would recommend Eugene Scott at Alternate Insurance Solutions. He is a car guy and ex-racer. He has hooked me up with the best price for my Viper and Magnum. Less that $1000 a year for both. 7500 miles each and stated value coverage. Right now I have stated value for both. http://www.alternateins.com/index.html is the website.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I use American Modern Ins Group for my 2 Vipers, '84 vette and 2009 Superformance Cobra. Restricted to 1K a year however you can get any mileage you want. My agreed value is 60K Cobra, 27K vette, 55k '09 viper, and 100K for the 2010 Viper. Premium is 2250.89 per year for all cars. I get a car club discount. You may want to check them out. 1-800-643-7770---Dave

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
160K? What the hell do you have?

It's Italian. But I had very good rates on my Vipers as well.
I had 115K agreed value on my last 2010 ACR. The best rates of all were with the Barrett Jackson underwriter but they won't insure exotics. But they have raised their rates considerably lately.

Haggerty was a joke, they wanted twice what Grundy wanted.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Barrett Jackson insurance. My premium just went up quite a bit but its still cheaper then my last carrier and I have agreed value.

Natrops

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do these companies require an appraisal before they will provide an agreed value policy on newer vehicles (ie 2008)?

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
No appraisal for American Modern--you tell them what you want. If they feel that your # is too high they will tell you---Dave

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The premium you pay is often based on insured value. ($X.xx) number of dollars per thousand of coverage. So, the more you insure the vehicle for, the higher the premium. I try to keep my insured values reasonable and keep the premiums down. The money I save can offset the lesser potential value in the event of a total loss.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My renewal just came in the mail from Hagerty. Just to check I decided to call Grundy, WOW, much better deal. Lower price and lower limitations as for mileage usage etc. I am a Grundy convert.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My renewal just came in the mail from Hagerty. Just to check I decided to call Grundy, WOW, much better deal. Lower price and lower limitations as for mileage usage etc. I am a Grundy convert.

They were double my quote from Grundy. I guess they have to pay for the Barrett-Jackson ads?
Crazy in this day and age where you can shop around so easily.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try AMICA. No seasonal restriction, no mileage restriction. They' ve insured all of my exotics reasonably.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When I originally shopped around for quotes, Grundy blew away Hagerty's quote by more than 50% (below, of course). BJ was off the charts. And Grundy's no mileage limit easily seals the deal. I wonder
how long it's going to take Hagerty to get realistic. Steve, I take it that you were not given the no mileage limit in your quote?

Scott

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cancelled with Grundy because they had restrictions. You had to be participating in a Bona-fide club event, no driving to work or stores etc. And while I know we can all come up with stories, just didn't want the hassle if something happened. I know I will have to prove value in the event of an accident, but like driving my car too much to have any restrictions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets