What Is The Weather Like In Roanoke Around Thanksgiving?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be in VA for the first time this year for Thanksgiving and a wedding but I am not sure what the weather is like. I have done some research on weather.com and such but there are some differences. What should I expect? Snow? Rain? Just cold? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to drive the Viper.

Thanking you in advance

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold I do not mind, snow scares me. Thanks for the info!!! Figure I would stop at Roanoke Dodge for some Viper entertainment.

We do our Fall Cruise around the Staunton area. There has been snow by 3rd week of October in the area. I wouldn't chance it around Thanksgiving. Most of the back roads have cinders put down for traction. They can reek havoc on your side sills.

BTW, While there probably is a Roanoke Dodge, the Roanoke Dodge that sells considerable Vipers is in Illinois, not Virginia.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live near Roanoke and current weather is about 37 F in the morning warming up to 60+F in the day. After mid November, you will see some freezing conditions and the possibility of snow, but could see warm weather on occasions. I would think the weather would have to be warmer than what you have in NY. Check weather.com about 5 days before you drive in to make sure you will not run into any snow. I don't think I would travel locally that time of year in my Viper due to the chemicals they put on the road for snow and ice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4