What to do with painted gen1 wheels??? Opinions?

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a red 94 RT/10 this year and absolutely love the car! Everything is original, including the 3 spoke painted gray wheels. I like the stock look, but sometimes wonder if I should have the wheels polished or chromed? Part of me wants to keep the car stock, another wants the polished look.

I haven't gotten any quotes yet, but I'm even wondering if the cost of chroming or polishing my current wheels is close to the cost of used wheels already polished or chromed?

What are the thoughts of the experts?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think the GEN1 wheels look better painted the stock / factory silver color.
But that is JMO.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think the GEN1 wheels look better painted the stock / factory silver color.
But that is JMO.

I agree. If I were you i'd buy a used set of 97/98 forged 5 spoke rims. They are factory polished & look great on a Gen 1 IMO

Here's a pic of my old Gen 1 with 97s..

6061parkpic1.JPG

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that is JMO.

I agree. If I were you i'd buy a used set of 97/98 forged 5 spoke rims. They are factory polished & look great on a Gen 1 IMO

6061parkpic1.JPG

If you want to keep it stock, hold on to the gen 1 3 blades and pick up a set of gen 2 or 3 rims. The wheels are the ony thing that make the gen 1's look dated imo.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the three spoke wheels chromed, they look awsome IMO. There was a black gen 1 in motor trend (the little article they did about used Vipers) that had them, it looked great.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that is JMO.

6061parkpic1.JPG

Tim, have not heard or seen you in ages!!!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats up Keith!

yeah, i've been really busy with the house lately. I may be in EB nxt weekend, i'll give u a call..

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the three spoke wheels chromed, they look awsome IMO. There was a black gen 1 in motor trend (the little article they did about used Vipers) that had them, it looked great.
That would be my move too! :2tu:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of polished from Jon at Parts Rack. They were off of a 2000 RT10. The wheels make the car look so much better. I will try and post some shots in the next few days. I looked into buying another set of original 3 spokes and have California Chrome chrome them but after looking into it it wasn't that much more money for the ones I bought from John and I think they look alot better. Plus I got them in just a few days. I also bought new pilots to go with the wheels so it does get a little pricey but worht it for the looks of the car. This way I still have the stock wheels if I ever wanted to go back to the original wheels or if I sold the car. :2tu:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy,
Those GEN3 wheels look GREAT on your car........makes me want to get a set for my RED 02.

You lowered with Eibachs?

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never liked the gen1 wheels. Mine are chromed and still looked bad. they are a dated design. Which I did not like even when they were new.The very first thing I did ,even before I washed it, was replace them with some gen3's. Just my opinion.
10239misc_088-med.jpg
10239misc_022-med.jpg

G

grcforce327

G

grcforce327

I have never liked the gen1 wheels. Mine are chromed and still looked bad. they are a dated design. Which I did not like even when they were new.The very first thing I did ,even before I washed it, was replace them with some gen3's. Just my opinion.
10239misc_088-med.jpg
10239misc_022-med.jpg

You've got my vote!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :eek: :eek: :headbang: :headbang:

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up some 02 wheels, my stock wheels are in the attic. From what I understand not worth much, worth more to a potential buyer down the line.

8631033006_4-med.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang