What tracks have you driven on

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious but I can tell some of you guys have been on the track. What tracks have you driven on? What's your fave and why?
I've been on Texas Motor Speedway, Road Atlanta, MSR, and VIR. VIR and Road Atlanta run neck and neck with me. VIR is an amazing
track it's going to be difficult to beat. The speed that you can get on that track is amazing. Road Atlanta has a lot of elevation changes.
Both are fun but hands down, the compression you feel at Road Atlanta through the turns is amazing. Never have I tracked a Viper
Hoping to get that done soon.:2tu:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've been to Hastings Nebraska (Motorsports Park Hastings) for the Viper Rendezvous they do around June every year. That was a ton of fun for me as a first track experience as it's a pretty open track with lots of room to make a mistake without hurting a car. I think it's a great place to start and the Viper Rendezvous event was a total blast for anyone interested. I've always wanted to run my home track of Heartland Park Topeka, but it sounds like the track surface has really deteriorated and they're just not keeping it maintained, so it's rough on cars. Hopefully they'll fix it up again one of these days, not many other options around me that don't require driving 3+ hours.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High Plains Raceway -Byers CO
Pike's Peak International Raceway -Fountain CO
Pueblo Motorsports Park -Pueblo CO
La Junta Raceway -La Junta Co
CSP Track -Golden CO
Las Vegas Motor Speedway -Las Vegas NV

All of them are my favorite each for it's own reason. Variety dispels boredom.
Have driven many 'other cars' on track. The Viper is it's own experience. Very rewarding when done well.
The end of my schedule for this year is Oct 24th. That will make 20 track days for me this season. Hopefully get a post season lapping day in November before it snows.

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High Plains Raceway -Byers CO
Pike's Peak International Raceway -Fountain CO
Pueblo Motorsports Park -Pueblo CO
La Junta Raceway -La Junta Co
CSP Track -Golden CO
Las Vegas Motor Speedway -Las Vegas NV

All of them are my favorite each for it's own reason. Variety dispels boredom.
Have driven many 'other cars' on track. The Viper is it's own experience. Very rewarding when done well.
The end of my schedule for this year is Oct 24th. That will make 20 track days for me this season. Hopefully get a post season lapping day in November before it snows.
What!?! That's great! Pikes Peak Raceway might make me really nervous. When I first got to Road Atlanta I was so nervous. That last elevation change
On that track is a dusey. Going up hill looking at nothing but sky at high speed intimidated me on the first run.

Cargirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not in a Viper but I have been on the Indy motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI, Firebird & and Phoenix Int'l Raceway.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What!?! That's great! Pikes Peak Raceway might make me really nervous. When I first got to Road Atlanta I was so nervous. That last elevation change
On that track is a dusey. Going up hill looking at nothing but sky at high speed intimidated me on the first run.
PPIR (Pikes Peak) is an old NASCAR short oval with an infield road course. We end up using 3/4ths of the banked oval, and the infield.
The scary thing about PPIR is the WALL around the banked oval section. The penalty for error on the oval would be a totaled car and a ride in the ambulance. Suffice to say we are careful here.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Been to quite a few tracks ( list below), but the ones you list are some of the best , and I would list Road Atlanta at the top of my favorites along with Miller Motorsports Park. VIR is a classic too, but so many tracks are a fun for different reasons, and though in the Heartland of America we have two tracks close by - so pretty easy to get track time if in Nebraska, Iowa , Kansas or Missouri. MPH ( Motorsports Park Hastings ) is a fun track partly due to it's technical nature and fairly high sustained speed , but also because George Anderson ( track manager ) is an absolute hoot and makes sure everyone has a fabulous time. Easily one of the most proactive, consumer friendly tracks in the US, the small town of Hastings supports the track, the visitors , like you are a rock star - they accommodate track rats who come there with a lot of appreciation and interest. There 7th Annual Viper Rendezvous will be held there in 2016 on the first weekend of June. With 50 or more Vipers at the track , it is an event not to be missed. Tracks I have run are Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Las Vegas Raceway Park, Firebird ( believe the name has changed), Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, Texas Motorsports Ranch ( Cresson, Texas), Hallett, Raceway Park of the Midlands ( previously Mid America Motorplex ), Heartland Park Topeka, Miller Motorsports Park, Road America, Gingerman, Putnam Park, Mid Ohio, VIR, Road America, Miller Motorsports Park, Sebring and .....................right in your neck of the woods, No Problem Raceway ( near Gonzales , La. ). You should zip over there for a NASA or SCCA HPDE ( High Performance Driving Event) , as it is close and the weather in your State is great late in the year , so you can brag about your track time when the rest of us are out shoveling snow,ha.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done msr cresson and Houston, hallet, but by far my best experience was COTA!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Mr. BI'll that's amazing. I have Thunderhill, Road America and Texas Motorsports Ranch in my near sights. I can't wait to attend Viper Days, and the Viper
Rendezvous. Lol on the snow business, I won't rub it in to hard while driving in the warm sunshine.:D

A_C_R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys what's close to Boise ID? I moved out here 11 months ago and don't have a clue

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Portland, Spokane, Miller Motorsports Park ( Tooele, Utah ), Thunderhill ( Northern CA. ) , are probably some of the closest tracks to you?

Last edited by a moderator:

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spa (went in May and it could be my favorite track ever; Eau Rouge, Blanchemont and Pouhon are epic very high speed corners that simply don't exist in the US - Eau Rouge is sort of like I imagine the dip must have been at Road America, only it finishes steeply uphill so can be entered flat with no braking in many cars, esp. if you have downforce)
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Road America
Road Atlanta
VIR
Hallett
CoTA
TWS
Spring Mountain (Pahrump)
Pocono
Carolina Motorsports Park
Heartland Park Topeka
Gateway (St. Louis)
High Plains Raceway
Sears Point
Laguna Seca
MSR Houston
Harris Hill Road
MotorSport Ranch (Cresson)
Eagles Canyon Raceway
Sebring
Thunderhill
NOLA (New Orleans)

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What?!!!!!! Wow! That impressive. :omg: I would love to go to Nurburg ring and take part in Sabina Schmidt's Taxi Service. I think a hot lap with her would be
Out of this world. I could only dream about driving on the ring.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ring is readily accessible and multiple businesses on site rent cars. It is treated as a toll road much of the time but demands serious respect. Many people die on it every year. It is a must drive for any serious track ******. I recommend several hours of sim time in advance, as it will dramatically improve your safety and situational awareness. Spa is nearby and can be combined if you plan ahead and Spa is much safer and frankly more fun, as you can hang the car out due to the safer configuration and more generous runoff. I can't recommend Spa highly enough.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few within range of Toronto...

Mosport-Grand Prix (home track-45 min)
Le Circuit Mont Tremblant (Randy Pobst's favorite in N.A.-7.5 hrs)
Road America (~15 hrs)
Virginia International (~13 hrs)
Calabogie Motorsports Park (4.5 hrs)
Watkin's Glen (~5 hrs)
Road Atlanta (~17 hrs)
Mid-Ohio (~6hrs)
and some smaller local tracks...
Mosport DDC
Toronto Motorsports Park
Shannonville

A key part of the whole track experience for me is the drive to the distant tracks in the T/A, and Supra TT before that. The multi-day road trips to distant tracks have inspired mini holidays of up to 10 days, touring parts of the country I'd never otherwise see, and meeting a lot of fellow track rats. The Gen V has proven to be an excellent car for two for long distance road trips. Hopefully more will give it a try!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dang..............thanks, Keith, I guess I could add Nurburgring too ( sorta ) since my dad buzzed around there for two laps in 1963 in a Mini Cooper with me as co-driver, er, navigator......okay passenger, ha.

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang..............thanks, Keith, I guess I could add Nurburgring too ( sorta ) since my dad buzzed around there for two laps in 1963 in a Mini Cooper with me as co-driver, er, navigator......okay passenger, ha.
You must be registered for see images attach
would this be you guys. Lol its still a cool story

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid-Ohio
Barber
Road Atlanta
VIR
CMP
Roebling
Talladega GP

Need to broaden my horizons........

Haven't had the opportunity to track a Viper yet but will soon in a friends Gen IV ACR race car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper