what we should have got from the factory......

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i personally like the stock alpine deck, amp & front component speakers. It's the bass that's lacking. I also didn't want to mess with the stock look so much or add to an already crowded trunk space. So, for ~ $400 i added the following & it sounds great with lotsa bass.

amp to drive my new subs:
Rockford Fosgate® - P300-1

replaced 6.5" stock subs with:
JL Audio 6W3v3 Subwoofers - Car Audio Subwoofers

LOVE IT. :D

How did you cram a speaker that deep into the stock box?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it does the W3's are great speakers. I wish I had room. I didn't know they still made the 6". Please PM me where and how much you paid if you don't mind. I'm redoing my box and want something better than the shallow mount. The Gen3's have no room at all.

OP
OP
M

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it does the W3's are great speakers. I wish I had room. I didn't know they still made the 6". Please PM me where and how much you paid if you don't mind. I'm redoing my box and want something better than the shallow mount. The Gen3's have no room at all.

i think i paid like $110.00 each thru a local audio store, but they're also available on ebay cheaper:

JL Audio 6W3v3-4 W3v3 Series 6.5" 4-ohm subwoofer - NEW - eBay (item 150572554987 end time Apr-03-11 20:07:49 PDT)

:)

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I had some crazy sound systems in my previous cars, and when I bought my Viper it came with a mediocre, aftermarket Alpine system. It also came with an aftermarket exhaust. Truly, I never use the audio anymore, as I much enjoy listening to the sound of the engine. Maybe, because it's just too difficult to recognize the RPMs of the motor with the music playing on the background while shifting, rev matching and all?

vermontv23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
vipers do come with a radio and yes i use it.. its helpful when u have a chick next to you or on top of your "HOOD"

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vipers do come with a radio and yes i use it.. its helpful when u have a chick next to you or on top of your "HOOD"

That was what I was thinking. I still enjoy music and dating while using my Viper. Try taking someone on a date or even a ride and telling her 'sorry no music, I prefer to hear the sweet music of my engine' and watch her bail out at the next convenient moment. :rolaugh:

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I changed the components, head unit and put a sub in the back. I like to listen to music but occasionally turn it off to listen to the engine. I like the choice. If I were to take it to the track, just unplug the sub and take it out. VERY simple.

Different people use their Vipers for different purposes (i.e racing vs garage queen) and some people want to listen to something else sometimes. Besides, it's hard to play music over the engine anyway as I have a full Belanger setup from headers to high flow cats to exhaust.

I understand if deep lips or ricing our cars are shamed upon but they are opinions and everyone's got them but uniqueness is always good. For crap's sake though, no music? Wow super spartan! I cant have that here in Los Angeles traffic or I'll go crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi