What Were They Thinking???

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it looks that bad, other than the emblem being in the wrong place. Also looks like HRE 545 wheels.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, that car would look SICK, if the stripes were corrected. I like the width, but the gap between the stripes is too wide... so much potential though.... *shakes head*

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emblem on the hood, wide gaping stripes....I can't help but feel dyslexic looking at that car.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well.......I was surprised to read the comments on my OLD 94 (that's me driving in the pictures!!) that was TOTALED by a service tech after installing new rotors. The car had a Roe S/C, water/****, 75 shot NOS, 1.7 roller rockers, Belanger headers, high flow cats, Dynomax Racing mufflers, Kinesis 2 piece wheels (18's), Eibach springs, crossdrilled and slotted rotors, full custom interior, and Fat Alberts Auto Body in Phoenix had painted the car with the wide stripes before I bought the car in 2000. I showed the car all over the western 2/3rds of the country. Won 53, 1st place trophies (twice at the Spring Fling, in Van Nuys, CA, all Mopar show, and both times there were more than 15 in my class), 4 Best of Show, 6 People's choice awards, and the best ET was with D/R's at Speed World in Metro Phoenix (10.24 at 138.66 MPH) before I was kicked off the track because I had no roll cage. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. MOST who saw the car loved the car, and I was totally surrounded at cruise-ins, and car shows......it WAS a real crowd pleaser.......it was sad to see the car 261 ft out in the desert with smoke coming out from underneath the twisted wreckage,after the tech went hard from 1st to second then instead of going into 3rd went back to 1st......the back end came around, blew the engine and the SC, ran over some boulders and hit a mesquite tree........now I have a SC/d 2005 Commemorative Edition (63/100) with Side Winder Wheels.........I do miss the wow factor of the bumble bee, but the Gen III is a much better built car with incredible brakes, and handling......the WOW factor is still there, and I am very happy with the new car.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.......I was surprised to read the comments on my OLD 94 (that's me driving in the pictures!!) that was TOTALED by a service tech after installing new rotors. The car had a Roe S/C, water/****, 75 shot NOS, 1.7 roller rockers, Belanger headers, high flow cats, Dynomax Racing mufflers, Kinesis 2 piece wheels (18's), Eibach springs, crossdrilled and slotted rotors, full custom interior, and Fat Alberts Auto Body in Phoenix had painted the car with the wide stripes before I bought the car in 2000. I showed the car all over the western 2/3rds of the country. Won 53, 1st place trophies (twice at the Spring Fling, in Van Nuys, CA, all Mopar show, and both times there were more than 15 in my class), 4 Best of Show, 6 People's choice awards, and the best ET was with D/R's at Speed World in Metro Phoenix (10.24 at 138.66 MPH) before I was kicked off the track because I had no roll cage. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. MOST who saw the car loved the car, and I was totally surrounded at cruise-ins, and car shows......it WAS a real crowd pleaser.......it was sad to see the car 261 ft out in the desert with smoke coming out from underneath the twisted wreckage,after the tech went hard from 1st to second then instead of going into 3rd went back to 1st......the back end came around, blew the engine and the SC, ran over some boulders and hit a mesquite tree........now I have a SC/d 2005 Commemorative Edition (63/100) with Side Winder Wheels.........I do miss the wow factor of the bumble bee, but the Gen III is a much better built car with incredible brakes, and handling......the WOW factor is still there, and I am very happy with the new car.

What what are the odds. I thought for some reason that the owner would be on here.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that car looks very good except for a few bits like the emblem. The stripes although not oem type width look very good imo, looks very unique.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I called it! :headbang:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it has the GTS Stripes, I think it would look a lot better. Just not a fan and think that it is really "out there". Just my two cents I guess.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it has the GTS Stripes, I think it would look a lot better. Just not a fan and think that it is really "out there". Just my two cents I guess.

i agree. i think the stripes look way too big for the car.

please people, dont act like not liking the stripes on this car is a bad thing. if we didnt have differing opinions, imagine how boring that would be! some people have said they dont like my dark wheels. thats cool with me, i know its going to happen.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more I like it. I'd still prefer the emblem to be on the bumper, and I'd dump the pinstripe beside the larger stripes, but a Gen 1 Bumblebee has been a car I wanted for a long time. I'm thinking if I saw it in person, I'd really like it! What width are the stripes?

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya know, you guys continue to amaze me!!! If somebody does something THAT THEY LIKE then so be it! Be glad for him (or her)!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!

I applaud the owner for doing what he/she wanted :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The stripes were 12" wide with the small stripe on the outside of the large stripe, the seat inserts were yellow with the remainder of the seat in black. Black carpet with a custom Viper logo in Yellow, and the dash mat was also black with a custom viper logo in yellow. The hood pad was black with a yellow Sneaky Pete. The S/C was chrome with yellow tubes and black valve covers with yellow VIPER. The NOS tank was yellow with a black Viper Logo and the words "Snake Venom" in black cursive print.There were yellow door inserts, and a custom head liner with a coiled snake......it truly was a one of a kind car......

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know, you guys continue to amaze me!!! If somebody does something THAT THEY LIKE then so be it! Be glad for him (or her)!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!

I applaud the owner for doing what he/she wanted :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

coming from the first guy EVAR to put hubcaps on a viper :D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i agree. i think the stripes look way too big for the car.

please people, dont act like not liking the stripes on this car is a bad thing. if we didnt have differing opinions, imagine how boring that would be! some people have said they dont like my dark wheels. thats cool with me, i know its going to happen.

Your dark wheels on your GTS I like. I just think you should paint that Miata you drive around in a solid color........

Last edited:

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who know about vipes know its different and cry foul ("uhh, the emblem's in the wrong place"), but to the average Joe they'd love that car. And the average chick......they'd love it even more. It looks bad ass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang