What would 2 ´96 rims cost?

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering what I should pay for 2 1996 rims.... just as a collectors item/ memorabilia.

You must be registered for see images

I´m wondering if I should buy these to add one to my collection... and sell the other?

What do you think of it?

(Sorry for doubleposting this... its in the memorabilia forum also)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy them at all, the 96s were prone to cracking the center sections. Sure, it may just be a display, but people will probably charge as much as for any other wheel, and it lacks useability.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have something to do with them, display-wise and have access to 2 center caps, why not make a low ball offer?

The wheels if undamaged, are perfectly suitable for normal street driving. They're not defective, just not trackable like the later 17" forged wheels are.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since they are cast (and not forged), people usually don't shell out much for these. I've seen 4 cast rims sell from $800 - $1,500, give or take. So for two figure $400 - $750. If the tires are new they may want a bit more.

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can buy them at 100 euro for two....
Don´t know whether there are center caps with them.
Whithout it´s a no-no, else I will buy them.

Thanks for your replies!

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The center caps are missing..... so I won´t buy them.
The seller is currently looking to get the centers so I will buy them...

What do you guys mean with a cooler collectible for less $$? Is a valve cover that cheap?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The center caps are missing..... so I won´t buy them.
The seller is currently looking to get the centers so I will buy them...

What do you guys mean with a cooler collectible for less $$? Is a valve cover that cheap?

100 Euro is $125US ??? If so, that is dirt cheap.....go ahead and get them. Then if you want a nice display, you can hang your intake and valve covers over the wheels ;)
IMO wheels alone don't really say Viper.....on the other hand, hang a Viper intake on the wall and any car person will comment, of course the valve covers say Viper. Good luck.

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@klamathpro,
Take a look at my collection (it's here somewhere on the board).... there's not much to buy left for me.....

100 Euro is indeed very very cheap... but, without the center caps it would look shabby. I planned on selling one of the rims to another collector, this also won't work without the center caps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4