what would tranny and motor mounts run me installed?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While the wood house mounts are better quality. You can use the poly-mounts and a ford trans mount. I've had both types.

But, I like the soild mounts I have now. The car has a little more vibration, but I like it that way.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the wood house mounts are better quality. You can use the poly-mounts and a ford trans mount. I've had both types.

But, I like the soild mounts I have now. The car has a little more vibration, but I like it that way.

Woodhouse mounts are a poly mount. Not to be confused with a poly mount that is also sold under that name. ;)

And um be careful with the soild mounts... :rolleyes:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install these this weekend. The Woodhouse mounts are sitting in a box in my garage. I don't know what a shop would charge to do the work but I bet I'll save a few hundred $$$ by spending a few hours to do it myself.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did them on my Gen II. It wasn't so bad. In the garage on jack stands.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install these this weekend. The Woodhouse mounts are sitting in a box in my garage. I don't know what a shop would charge to do the work but I bet I'll save a few hundred $$$ by spending a few hours to do it myself.

Anxious to get your feedback once installed.
My 3 Woodhouse mounts are also sitting in a box for now.

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi lads, I'm thinking of bolting these mounts on my '06 coupe. Will this stop the gearshift from lifting up during hard acceleration and will these mounts cause vibration...thanks.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 tranny, 2 motors. +1 on installing these to anyone that hasn't. I did mine in the garage, on jackstands, a month ago in ~3 hours.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did mine in the garage, on jackstands, a month ago in ~3 hours.

Same setup here. I just came in for the night. I got stuck on trying to remove the frozen 3/4" nuts from the bottom of the motor mounts. Sprayed some penetrant on them and will try again tomorrow.

I just remembered I have an electric impact wrench that works well on lug nuts and would probably zip those things right off. I don't think the neighbors would want me zipping that loudly at 9:30 p.m. so it will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. The project doesn't seem too difficult though, if my nuts just weren't so darn tight. :smirk:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are there 3 for the GenII also?

tranny
motor

and ...?

There are a left and right mount for the engine. Woodhouse is the way to go for them.

Score is qty 2 mounts for that...

There is a single mount for the tranny, whereas you should also do the billet crossmember. See Dave's Big Brakes for those parts.

Score is qty 1 mount for that...

Total score is 3 mounts - 2 for the engine and 1 for the tranny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96