What year made the most Power Stock..

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the Cam profiles have changed over the years.. I was wondering what year GTS made the most over the advertised 450.. stock..

I certainly know it wasnt the creampuff's

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smile.gif

O.k. For real now.

I really think that there are high and low HP engines from every year. The year is not as important as the luck of the draw. Ending up with a strong engine is just chance.

If you dyno'ed 1 1996 engine and 1 1999 and the '96 had the better higher numbers, that doesn't mean that all '96s are better.

All Gen II engines are very strong.

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the effects of the Cam changes.. I know that the cream puff idle is a lot smoother than that of the prior years.. also the gears are easier to shift on the creampuffs.. though they remain equally unforgiving cars..

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only debate here can be between the 1996 and the 1997s. The bottom line is if it is a Blue GTS with White Stripes it WILL kick A$$!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't dyno'd my 97 yet, but I don't think it's any stronger than my 98, 426rwhp.

Also the stick on my 98 shakes like a nymp...well, it just shakes a lot more than my 97. But that may be because the 97 has a short stick. Size matters.