What's a "Lemans nose"?

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen this mentioned in a couple of threads now---I take it is a revised front end? Anyone have pics?

Thanks!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS is a Le Mans front/nose:

3114viper_14.jpg

OP
OP
H

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well gawd damn, that looks pretty darned cool! Thanks!

OP
OP
H

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like being so close to the ground it would pound the ground going over large bumps/potholes/steep entrances. Does that horizontal piece along the bottom take all the damage pretty well?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like being so close to the ground it would pound the ground going over large bumps/potholes/steep entrances. Does that horizontal piece along the bottom take all the damage pretty well?

Yes, Yes, Yes. and Yes.

Large bumps, such as speedbumps is a no-no. Its not the front only, but the frame between the wheels that scrape too. (ps. mine is lowered over 1".)
My driveway has a steep entrance, to enter I have to go in 45 degree angle, to exit I have to go in reverse.
Regarding the front spoiler... It is covered under with 3mm aluminum plate bonded and bolted to the spoiler (home brewed system). This aluminum plate takes all the punishing, including dead groundhogs and rocks. Think it as a cheese slicer.

Impractical, yes. But what would you not do for good looks?:2tu:

By the way, it actually works, at Pocono car is very stable at 150-160 speeds.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how was the install.Was the fiberglass spot on or did it have to have some fit work done to get the curves to match?I put one on a different car and the fit was way off and the fiberglass has spider cracks and splits in it.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how was the install.Was the fiberglass spot on or did it have to have some fit work done to get the curves to match?I put one on a different car and the fit was way off and the fiberglass has spider cracks and splits in it.

It's never spot on, but it was very close. Autoform front is good quality.
I have the same gaps as I did with original hood and bumper. Its not a Ferrari, just a Dodge.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW... The "look" of the AF fascia is a little different with the Diamond back Hood.....:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave