Whats the total cost to upgrade to SRT brakes?

jc411

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the total cost to upgrade to SRT brakes? Everything brand new...

front?

rear?

I see daves big brake kit does not include the caliper or rotors so what does the kit include?:confused::confused::confused:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
895 Big Brake kit
585 E Brake kit
260 Stainless Steel lines
600 Calipers on Ebay or Here (someone has them)
100 Rotors (or find a local who upgraded and they will most likely help you out)
2450 total if you use OEM pads, upgraded pads I think are either 90 for all or 90 per set of fronts and rears.

I am well on my way towards my brake kit, 1 step at a time. (On a serious budget) Now if I can only find someone who is not going to use their purchased BBk and sell it to me.

I know a company that sells powder coated SRT calipers for just over 1100 shipped coated in your color.

Whats the total cost to upgrade to SRT brakes? Everything brand new...

front?

rear?

I see daves big brake kit does not include the caliper or rotors so what does the kit include?:confused::confused::confused:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent approx $5.5K

Rotors - $1700
Calipers - $1800
Brackets - $830
Lines - $260
Spare Adapter - $120
E-brake - $550
Pads - $218

Shipping costs included as applicable.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can go with Dave's numbers but save significant by going with OEM SRT rotors. Heavier and not as pretty but they work.
picture.php

Last edited:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only went with the big brake route because it takes a lot for me to do normal stopping at a stop sign. Driving my Audi I touch the brakes and I stop. I have driven an SRT and touching the brakes lightly gives me the stopping power I want. Emergency stops in my car are still good and the brake system feels the same as my old GTS, I just want a touchier brake feeling. Bigger rotors coated with black paint are blingy enough.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent approx $5.5K

Rotors - $1700
Calipers - $1800
Brackets - $830
Lines - $260
Spare Adapter - $120
E-brake - $550
Pads - $218

Shipping costs included as applicable.

Can this be used as a complete shopping list or is there other stuff not listed needed?

Gotta make plans for the next year or so. Like KNG SNAKE said, piece at a time for the budget!:)

Robert

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can this be used as a complete shopping list or is there other stuff not listed needed?

You'll need brake fluid ;) and wheels that fit over what are in my case big ol' 14 inch rear rotors. :D

If not the wheels, there are spacers available to let the 13" rear rotors (your old fronts...) work with 18" wheels. I have 20's on the rear as you should be aware of. Plenty of room for 14" rotors.

And yes, anybody with a lick of sense for $ value should consider Tom's kit. I had too many :beer: one day and went full bore bling. There are many reports that his kit equals the performance of others. See his post above!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... in non-ABS cars!

:dunno: upgrade not needed in abs cars? (or "what upgrade needed in abs cars?")

not really impressed with my 02 braking perf, or am i expecting too much from stock brakes (and wheels, etc)?

tia

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe Racing is a site sponsor as is Tom's rear brake caliper upgrade.

Roe Racing lightweight front brake kit includes everything and slotted 14" rotors for $1500. Call Dave about his rear caliper upgrade for pre-2001 as the performance improvement is legendary.

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll need brake fluid ;) and wheels that fit over what are in my case big ol' 14 inch rear rotors. :D

If not the wheels, there are spacers available to let the 13" rear rotors (your old fronts...) work with 18" wheels. I have 20's on the rear as you should be aware of. Plenty of room for 14" rotors.

And yes, anybody with a lick of sense for $ value should consider Tom's kit. I had too many :beer: one day and went full bore bling. There are many reports that his kit equals the performance of others. See his post above!

Thanks Dave!

Oh, and you have 20!:omg:

:D:lmao:

Robert

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're hijacking this thread, aren't we? :hijack:

I think Dave's data shows an 8 lb advantage to the 40mm system.
Braking is arguably same.
The difference is Bling vs. Cha-ching.

Interpretation: Dave's loaded. But is it :beer: or :money:??

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$5.5K????! for all new parts??? Just got a full 4 wheel big brake plus E-brake lines etc from Jon B for at least 10% fewer dollars! GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No around 10% less than all new srt brake costs for a superior STOPTECH big brake setup. Should have been more specific. Choice of colors etc. GTS Bruce

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No around 10% less than all new srt brake costs for a superior STOPTECH big brake setup. Should have been more specific. Choice of colors etc. GTS Bruce

I won't argue which brand is best, but one of my prerequisites was that the calipers were going to say Viper. Kind of limits the selection down to Brembo at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi