When does it start?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VOI date says 9/30. I read a thread that says 9/30 is "the day before VOI".

So what are the plans? If VOI starts on 9/30 what is happening? If I arrive on the 29th like I reserved am I buying a waste day?

I see a Viper group arriving on the 30th afternoon.

What are the plans for VOI and when do they start?:dunno:

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VOI first event is the evening reception of 9.30;

Early Arrivals may want to investigate the OPTIONAL TRACK DAY [or half-day] that day at MILLER, but is NOT an official "VOI EVENT." Spectate free. Viper School Track Day at Miller Motorsports Park

September 29, 2010 - Event Check-In at Grand America Hotel: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
September 30, 2010 - Event Check-In at Grand America Hotel: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
September 30, 2010 - Welcome Reception: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
October 1, 2010 - VOI 11 Activities: Park City, SLC, and Miller Motorsports Park
October 2, 2010 - VOI 11 Activities: Park City, SLC, and Miller Motorsports Park
October 3, 2010 - World Challenge Race, Viper Cup Race, Open Track Time: Miller Motorsports Park
October 4, 2010 - Departures
October 10, 2010 - Viper Club Discounted Hotel Rates End

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI starts wednesday night. Thats the welcome dinner. The track event that is listed as "the day before VOI" is a track day that is being held the day before VOI driving activities start. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, wish I would have know that before. I change my dates (and hotel reservation) to a day later.

Thanks
Ted

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>VOI starts wednesday night.<<< sure?

from voi11.com
September 30, 2010 - Welcome Reception: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wednesday Night - Registration and Goody Bag Pick up

I'll be swinging by that night to register and pick up the bag before the mad rush on Thurs.

V

Venomiss

You can always take a look in the vendor area to see what neat things are in there during the day and mingle with other viper owners while they check in.

Or you can check out the area with many things you can do from a Copper Mine tour
Kennecott Copper click on the visitor center or

a drive to Antelope State Park Antelope Island State Park | Utah State Parks.
For those with more time you might try this
Logan Canyon Scenic Byway | Utah.com and yes, Bear Lake has the best raspberry shakes around.

For those with a little bit of interest in history the capitol is not far from the hotel and you can take a tour here
Utah State Capitol
or the Mormon temple
Salt Lake LDS (Mormon) Temple.
Or you can check out the indoor pools-in either the Grand or Little America and relax.

V

Venomiss

The Copper Mine tour sounds great, BUT does anyone know if the roads to the visitor center are paved?

That I do not know but you can call this number and ask.
Bingham Canyon Mine Visitors Center
801-204-2005

For those who like to hike with a cave destination and are either coming in early or leaving late you might check this out. Be sure and watch the video too.

Timpanogos Cave National Monument Utah

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VOI starts wednesday night. Thats the welcome dinner. The track event that is listed as "the day before VOI" is a track day that is being held the day before VOI driving activities start. Hope that helps.

We DID clear this up, right? The actual first food event is called "RECEPTION" . That is THURSDAY night.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, here it is copied and pasted from www.voi11.com
-glad I wasn`t the only one confused.

Thursday, September 30, 2010
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Event Registration and Goodie Bag Pick-up

NOTE: ALL driving participants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the Bondurant Q&A Sessions (9:30 a.m. or 4:00 p.m.) to learn about the driving activities at Miller Motorsports Track
9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Bondurant Q&A Session – “What to expect at the track - Miller Motorsports Park (MMP)” – Grand America
Noon – 5:00 p.m. Memorabilia Display and Shopping (Grand America Hotel) – Shop until you drop at all the great vendor displays!
4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Bondurant Q&A Session – “What to expect at the track - Miller Motorsports Park (MMP)” – Grand America
6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Welcome Reception at the Grand America Hotel – Main Ballroom
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Dinner at the Grand America Hotel Main Ballroom - Guest Speakers
9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Memorabilia Display and Shopping (Grand America Hotel) – Shop until you drop at all the great vendor displays!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave