When does owning a Viper get old???

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper over 2 years now and I still can't get over the fact the "newness" hasn't wore off one bit. I swear every time I look at my Viper I see a angle I never knew existed before. Whenever I pull it out of the garage I get that giddy feeling like a kid in a candy store gets. Maybe you guys with 3+ years of ownership can chime in. God I love this car!!!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it gets old, sell your car to someone who will enjoy it, then go get yourself a Volvo station wagon with a soccer ball sticker on the gas door.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever I am near Roanoke Motors, I always stop in to see the Vipers and John Gastman. I have done this for a number of years now, and even though I now own one, I still get excited when I see other peoples Vipers.

Today was a gorgeous day, so I took my GTS out for a lengthy spin before I had to go to work. Every minute was a BLAST just like it always is. After I put my car away, I saw another Viper on the road, and almost crashed trying to get a glimse of it! I found myself yelling "viper!" like I was seeing one for the first time!

It is SO HARD to explain. :2tu:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why gen 1,2 Vipers are going to be worth a lot of money in the not so distant future.

People just can't get enough of them. :2tu:

Reaction score
6 years here as well. Wife recently commented about this being the longest I have EVER owned a car in our 20 years! She said this while we were out for a spin today so I could show off the new Roe Blower, all the while I had that HUGE-ASP grin on my face! You guys know that grin....And as the boost gauge climbed, the grin got WIDER! :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< People just can't get enough of them. >>

SO TRUE. Funny thing is - it is not only us not getting "old" of these things - it is the general public too. I got old ladies pointing, kids are waiving, everyone looks, it is unreal the attention these cars draw. I was at the gas station yesterday, and I realized two cars had pulled into the lot around me - NOT TO GET GAS, but they had positioned themselves so they could get a look at the car! With the windows up, they all looked like a bunch of goldfish gazing out of their fish bowl!

SIDE NOTE - I dont know about other people on this forum, but I am not a very outgoing person. I am NOT the life of the party. Being the life of the party makes me uncomfortble. Driving these things MAKES YOU the LIFE OF THE PARTY. I raelly doubt anyone will ever get "old" of these things.

Handsdown, these cars are some of the sickest looking things on the road IMO, and the general public seems to agree. :headbang: :usa:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 year owner. A few months ago I drove 70 miles with another GTS swapping the lead every 10 miles just so we could admire how good a gts looks going down the road.

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's crazy how it's kind of the same story for all the owners... I know EXACTLY how you feel man!! I had my Saleen for a little over a year... and I had to admitt that it did lose it's flare... which is exactly why I'm in the snake now ;) I there's no sign of change coming!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 months and still lovin it. The only thing that gets old are other drivers that don't pay attention to their driving while checking out your viper.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 years and 2 vipers later, I'm still in Heaven....there are so many mods that you can do to your snake, you should never get tired of it!!!!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Never - since I have seen nothing that costs less than $250k that I would even consider as a replacement. Only thing I could see doing would be add another Viper.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ***** about spending $2.20 a gallon for the cheap gas for the 4 ****** winter rat all the time getting 30mpg. Then when spring hits and I start driving the Viper at 10mpg or less and don't even know what the price of Super Unleaded is doing!!!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto ROCKET62,
It could only start getting old if something better came along. Haven't seen, nor heard of that something yet besides an SRT/10 and that would be addition to.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I still love my GTS after three years. Usually I am bored before a new car is even paid for, but the Viper is just such a unique and outrageous car, it keeps my interest up. But I want something else, too. Like a Ford GT, or GR1. Kinda like having a mistress, and cheating on your Viper? I want to collect fine cars if I can, and don't see any conflict about owning other great cars.

There are a lot of cars that are performing in Viper territory now, the new ZO6 will be close, that bi-turbo Benz, (SL55?) and a few others.

But I'll keep the GTS because I absolutely love the way it looks and handles. If it starts fallng behind in power, there's always Roe or Paxton. Its a timeless design worthy of updating. I can't think of any other car I have owned that I can say that about.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still enjoy every second of owning my GTS. 7 years with a GTS so far. 4 years with my current one.
It has only gotten better since my Son, who's 3 1/2, has taken to the Viper like his 'old man'.
I can see it's just going to get better, and better! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_