When does Production on 2008 start?

viperrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered a 08 Viper in Venom Red, black interior, Razor Wheels
on April 28th.
My dealer has a serial number and the car is in D Status.
I was at the dealer Satruday and he told me that production does not start until September 10th. Is this correct?

I have owned a 2000 GTS and a 2003 SRT 10 Roadster.
I pre traded my 06 Z06 for the 08 Vipe.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dealer could be right. My dealer told me yesterday there are some delays due to the engine. The two tone interior delay may turn out not to be a factor at all. My car is also at D status.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have just started the test drive for journalists. We had an 08 viper here for the Nascar car and a couple of journalists were able to test them. There are several tv shows which will feature the 08 Viper. The price was also formally set just a couple of days ago. Now it is a matter of weeks before the first Viper will be delivered. Anyhow the first production 08 Viper will be pulled by the VCA !

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dealer could be right. My dealer told me yesterday there are some delays due to the engine. The two tone interior delay may turn out not to be a factor at all. My car is also at D status.

Someone else recently posted about some alleged issues and delays surrounding the engine. Can someone with accurate information respond?

/Rich