When the next big change for SRT?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only one word jumped out at me. Behind. As in we are now 'behind' in the modern day horsepower wars. To the Germans and Italians and now FORD. I don't have a problem with =. The GT at 500hp and 1/4 mile times = to the Viper is fine with me since I can say, "well it costs almost double". I don't want a $150K Viper, but it sure is nice to have bragging rights to be King Of The Hill. Which we are no longer. Me-4 12??? The names wrong, but we need DC to remain at the top. OK, so the 612 hp SL65 will be the king of the HP war???? We should be.

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA-National President;

I response to the option issue, I don't think grouping a few options together in different packages is a big deal. They would probably sell more vipers if they were made a little more personal. Heck, some of the options I mentioned are already in the Comp coupe. I already mentioned in my post that the Viper is lower priced and performs better than just about any car in it's class, but for how long? I said I would be willing to pay more for a car with some options and so would many other Viper owners. The base price would not have to change.

The Viper is the flagship of Dodge, period. It makes the Dodge brand a stronger brand. The Viper boosts sales of other Dodge models in every segment. Let's face it, if there was no Viper, Dodge would be a boring car company. When a Viper drives by and a young kid he gets excited and says,"Wow Dad, that Viper is awesome," the Dodge brand is in the boys and fathers head forever. Every time a magazine writes an article about the Viper, hundreds of thousands of people read it. This is advertising at its finest. So if Dodge has to spend a little more to get the brand name out there and make a higher priced version with options and more horsepower than maybe they should get to work. Use the Viper for advertising, THE VIPER IS DODGE!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... and make our next Viper faster, more trackworthy (is that even possible?) and absolutely on the fringe of being street legal because of its' bold, track oriented configuration of horsepower, handling, weight and durability!

Yeah it's possible to be more trackworthy - like real roll bars / roll hoops and a performance oil pan. Give me an ACR option on the next coupe, too, please - using the double adjustable Motons from the CC, the better limited slip, lightweight flywheel, etc. Brakes are fine - as they obviously stop the car and have proven to be reliable in the CC.

Making this car and not making it track ready is a mean tease.

I'll have my roll bar this spring / summer whether I run Viper Days or not. the car is too fast, too powerful and handles too well not to have real rollover protection - even for the street.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have my roll bar this spring / summer whether I run Viper Days or not. the car is too fast, too powerful and handles too well not to have real rollover protection - even for the street.

What roll bar are you going with? The Autoform? Or are you having someone make you a custom bar?

Kai

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge builds one heck of a "base" sports car. Some of the higher HP cars from MB are no fun to drive, even with their higher HP. All the electronic controls dampen the fun factor.
The after market tuners have been great on providing "options" for our Vipers. They do not have the same constraints as Dodge to take our cars from
Wild to WILDER.

Solo II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to give my $.02....

The Viper is the flagship of Dodge, yes, but by far not the flagship of DCX. Dodge has one thing going for it right now, that is making everybody turn their heads and start looking again...the SRT line-up. You have the Viper SRT-10 grabbing the supercar group...why pay $150k when you can pay $80k for more? The Ram SRT-10 is taking the pick-up truck world by storm. And the little SRT-4 has the compact sport market by the balls. With the Magnum SRT-8 coming out, there's really little else dodge needs to do to "get the name out".

To put options like mentioned earlier into the Viper would cost too much money to be effective. However, if Dodge were to offer say...the SEMA car, as a special edition ACR? Or maybe just make a special edition of the Viper that would be more expensive, but more competition for cars such as the SLR and Enzo? Just an idea.

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I said in a prior post. None of these options are crazy. Heck, The previous ACR had suspension and slight horsepower mods, 5 point harness and different wheels, etc. There is nothing out of the ordinary and nothing Dodge can't handle, except for maybe the turbos. They've already done this stuff on previous Viper models already. ie GTS-R, ACR, Mamba, Stripes or no stripes, etc.

Previous post:
1. Offer a coupe with the same horsepower as the SRT and offer more horsepower if people want it on both the SRT and Coupe. Offer many of the SEMA show car options.

Performance:
A suspension upgrade package (street or Track), Factory horsepower upgrades (similar to the SEMA Car),

Interior:
Stainless Trim package (not the stick-on stuff), Carbon Fiber Trim Package, Colored stitching, Colored Seatbelts, Roll bar, Racing seats, 5 point harness, Two tone interior (like the Mamba) etc.

I wasn't talking about DCX, I'm talking about Dodge.

dangerous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I ask for is some consistant numbers from all these mag articles. 4.2 here...3.9 there, 12.1 or 11.7. Tested on the same track together.. but wait maybe they weren't. I mean what's so hard about giving straight up numbers and being honest about tests, when and where they were done and the real times. What a joke.