Where are the jack points on an '08?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The frame rails that I can see are too far toward the middle for my low profile Gen2 jack to reach. It is an ACR if there's any difference, but I don't "see" a jack point in front.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they dont actually expect someone might want to jack up the car and change wheels or fix a flat, or put on that front splitter , doh! :smirk:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I DO NOT know about the 2008 Viper...but,

03-06 have small, short triangular tabs that project downard at front and rear of the sidesills...and, to SAFELY use the front ones, remove the small plastic baffle at the bottom/rear of the fenderwell splash guards (take out the 3 push pins).

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DO NOT know about the 2008 Viper...but,

03-06 have small, short triangular tabs that project downard at front and rear of the sidesills...and, to SAFELY use the front ones, remove the small plastic baffle at the bottom/rear of the fenderwell splash guards (take out the 3 push pins).

Thanks Steve I will look :2tu:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just be careful IF your car is like the early Gen III's...as you REALLY need to get a solid base under the lift points. If you get your lift pad under the front tabs too far, it will cause the pushpins described above to pop out or break. The front tab is a little TOO far forward in my opinion. A Gen III is harder to lift safely then our GenI's & II's on my Snap-On mid-rise lift.

Reaction score
You can usually lift the entire side of the Viper by jacking from the rear lift point and get a jack stand under the frame rails front and rear, this is the nice thing about having a stiff frame!

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can usually lift the entire side of the Viper by jacking from the rear lift point and get a jack stand under the frame rails front and rear, this is the nice thing about having a stiff frame!

How do you get a jack stand under the rear jack point if jacking the entire side of the car from the rear jack point point. :eater: Not being a smart ass, I need to know because I need to do this to get at my simms.

Reaction score
The sills can stay on at this point. Some use a small square 2X4 block to raise the jack head to just catch the angle and not the sill so be careful with this and have the wood grain across the angle so it does not split in half.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ron,

These small triangular metal "tabs" are welded to the frame just behind the front wheel (very close to the "mud flaps") and in front of the rear wheel under the door.

I normally jack my cars up at the rear jacking point and can get the entire side up pretty high.

The front jacking point is pretty low (my SRTs are lowered). You will need a relatively low floor jack to get under the car or simply drive up on 2 x 8 blocks to gain a bit of height.

I put a jack stand under the front jacking point and use a jack stand under one of the lower rear control arm brackets (welded to the frame).

Be careful. I've seen many dented side sills due to lousy jack placement.

Dan