Where Were All the Vipers??????

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have to say I was perplexed......I was just visiting in Hollywood Florida (for 10 days)........and I didn't see even ONE viper!!

Every second vehicle was a vette....I even saw Aston Martins..Porsches..etc....but not one Viper!!

What gives?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say I was perplexed......I was just visiting in Hollywood Florida (for 10 days)........and I didn't see even ONE viper!!

Every second vehicle was a vette....I even saw Aston Martins..Porsches..etc....but not one Viper!!

What gives?

didnt you know? the majority of vipers are bought as investments, and dont get driven till 2050 when they will be worth a gazillion dollars at the Barrett Jackson.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never driven by a Viper in 2 yrs-only time is if I am leaving a VCA event

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper isn't a luxury car (and hopefully never will be). South Florida is more towards status and luxury. Combine that with the obvious low production numbers and you have your answer.

On the Gulf Coast however, there is always some guy driving his Viper(s) around. :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll see maybe 2-3 vipers per year in West Palm Beach. Fl but you can throw a rock and hit a Porsche.

It funny, when ever they see the SRT/10 coming, they always divert their eyes, like a white guy in colored town.

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are at least 13 vipers in Findlay Ohio and thats with a population of 45,000.
Can any beat that!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the Gulf Coast however, there is always some guy driving his Viper(s) around. :)

I usually see 2 vipers on average per week on the road. Most of the time different ones too. Though, I usually am not in my viper when I see them.

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to live in South Florida and the traffic is so bad you can hardly get out of third gear in a Viper. I now live in the Jacksonvile, FL area and there are many open roads that make a Viper a lot more fun to own up here. I would never have bought my Viper if I were in So. Florida.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Viperken, you going to the rally on 14 & 15 April? I live south of St. Augustine so if you are and want to meet someone we can cruise out there. Or anyone else in the area - send me a pm.

I see a few around on occasion but not recently. But there are Ferraris, Lambos, and needless to say, lots of Porsches.

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see an average of 1 per week here in Phoenix. The weirdest time was when I saw my neighbor pull into his garage with a black/silver stripe 06' vert about 3 days after I got my 97' GTS. He traded in his Ferrari for it. When I asked him why, he said he remembered how much fun Vipers were when he saw mine and picked the color scheme because of the 05' Mustang I just sold. Wow, I guess I really made an impression!

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep an eye open for me, '96 RT/10 white with blue stripes. I probably don't live too far from you in Gilbert and I plan on driving it quite a bit.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the enlightening comments!!

I plan on returning to the Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale area next winter......(no viper..I fly down to visit my Mom )....but maybe some of you in the area can have a get-together and Show Me Your Vipers!!

(sounds like a game show!!)

Gentlemen...open your garages!!