Which is better for a 97GTS...Roe or Paxton Supercharger?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to say.....SEARCH

but unless you buy a used roe, you are going to SOL trying buy a new one

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for repeating what someone 2 hours earlier than you had posted by showing searches. Way to add another post to your 15,000+

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bite me. keep asking a question thats been asked a million times and you wont get repeat answers. try the search feature for a change. especially on a mod that hasn't been made is 8 years....

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooo, how DO I find the search feature.....do I have to do a search??????:lmao:

I agree, this is one of the more popular questions and has been asked and answered many times......so many different opinions.

Is that right? Does Sean no longer make SC for the earlier Vipers? Sorry for not knowing the answer, but never been in the market for a sc so never paid attention.:eater:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better in terms of reliability, and power.

Reliability of the S/C or the motor in general?
Anytime you add something there are risks. Those risks can be minimized by a competent install. Mine (Roe) was done by 1Tony1. ZERO problems. Very dependable. Driven it to FL, MI, UT, etc. There are others on here who've got 40k miles + on their Roes.
Roe torque is instant. Paxton kicks in 2500-3000 rpm if not mistaken.
But, as mentioned before, doing a search you'll see options/requirements based upon the build.
Next......

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It all depends what for power....I've heard driving a roe viper is a blast....i prefer the way the power comes on with the Paxton ( I've got traction issues as it is, I don't know how the roe guys do it on the street)

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better in terms of reliability, and power.

Both have been proven to be reliable, The Roe is a little easier to install. A built Paxton car will produce more power than a built Roe car. My Roe car is a blast to drive, but traction is sometimes an issue. Like mentioned before you'll have to find a used Roe .

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bite me. keep asking a question thats been asked a million times and you wont get repeat answers. try the search feature for a change. especially on a mod that hasn't been made is 8 years....

Maybe you're happy this board gets like 5 thread updates a day in this section. Perhaps your brain cannot process more information than that if you had to look through say....6 - 8 updated threads?

If you are too good to answer my question, then ignore it and move on. I can guarantee that since these cars have not been made for a decade, almost every topic has been covered Mr. Search God. Maybe you'd rather just read new posts about people wrecking their Vipers since those are the only new topics you prefer to be posted that are truly new thread material.

Information does change over time and it had been a while since someone replied on one of the threads I DID SEARCH on. If I want a supercharger, I want to know what people are thinking NOW, not months ago.

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater:

I was searching for "drama" and this thread came up! What an amazing search feature !

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, all you guys who think telling someone to wreck their car is funny, i hope you all wreck your viper. Thought you guys were mature in here.

F

FrgMstr

Who knew that you could get so much sand into so few vaginas?

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Looks like he did answer your question smart asp!! I do not know Phil personally but I have been on here long enough to know he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars. Seriously did you even take the time to look it up. I have spent over an hour searching around before just posting up cause it's easier. I would love to sit over some coffee and pick his brain for an hour or two. Reckon you will get that chance now? Cool it,

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he did answer your question smart asp!! I do not know Phil personally but I have been on here long enough to know he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars. Seriously did you even take the time to look it up. I have spent over an hour searching around before just posting up cause it's easier. I would love to sit over some coffee and pick his brain for an hour or two. Reckon you will get that chance now? Cool it,

Who are you directing your comments to? And you think it's easier to waste an hour searching than having someone answer a question?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think you wouldn't be wasting an hour of your time searching. You would be gaining the knowledge from an original thread where people actually wanted to respond technically. Asking a question randomly may not get you those same answers. Particularly when your talking about an older product that is no longer produced. I think if you read those threads and formulated some additional questions that were specific to your needs, the responses you'd get would be quite different. It's kind of like, having a dictionary in front of you, but always asking your mom how to spell.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, how do you spell knife? Do you search all through the n's trying to find it or do you ask somebody in the room and maybe they'll tell you it starts with a k.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, how do you spell knife? Do you search all through the n's trying to find it or do you ask somebody in the room and maybe they'll tell you it starts with a k.

So you're thinking the OP may not know how to spell ROE? :rolaugh: