Which Super Chager Is Better?

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingSnake97:
The Paxton Novi 2000 or the Vortec T-Trim? Does any know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi KingSnake97 -
This weekend, when I get a little more time, I will post the pro's and con's of the two. We use both and have both instock.

If you can keep a secret, I can tell you this:

When I call Vortech I speak to the guys from Paxton, or when I call Paxton I speak to the same guys from Vortech.... Does this mean
You must be registered for see images
??? Yes, it does!

Talk to you soon

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy who started Vortech previously worked for Paxton,Paxton was heavy into the ball impeller (quiet) type blowers and Vortech was doing the gear-driven (noisy) blowers,now Paxton has jumped on the gear-driven band wagon also,because the ball impeller style was not efficient at higher boost levels,anybody remember the Paxta-Trac fluid?
It would be nice to see a Whipplecharger developed for the Viper.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had an ATI Procharger on my 94 700+ horse camaro since 1996. Not one problem with it. They don't make an application for Vipers though. Not too many companies do unfortuneately.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with DJH94RT/10. If you have a blower, you should want to hear it! Gerald's Doug Levin supercharged Viper sounded awesome! Several times I have followed Gerald in my N/A Viper and everybody would look at his Viper and say "That sounds like it's got a blower!" Even though mine was much more beautiful and I'm alot better looking than Gerald.

Reaction score
We're a Vortech distributor and routinely use their SQ S-Trims on the Mustangs and Mangustas we supercharge. Vortech's blowers are #1 for efficiency and reliability, and Vortech's great about post-sale service.
Paxton's Novi 2000 is certainly a good blower, but their post-sale service was--how can I put it--less than stellar. I think the Novi 2000 can compete head-to-head with the Vortech T-Trim, albeit generally at a higher price. Both are capable of 20lb. of boost, pullied properly.
Now that Vortech has an "active interest" in Paxton (you weren't the only one to know, Doug!
), I hope Vortech's good sales practices and product development will pass over to Paxton.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried both blowers and currently have a supercharged 95mustang cobra R and 96 viper gts I personally prefer the vortech because of the power you can get out of a small head unit some of the blowers you see on cars look like toilet bowls they are so big. Heffners performance is fabricating one right now for my new 2000 cobra R using a vortech t-trim with about 6 psi we will have that out to the track in about 2 weeks and I will tell you how that unit worked out we considered paxton but I thought it was just to big and bulky looking.

OP
OP
K

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward in all you have to say Doug! I sort of like the big NOVI 2000 I need to decide if I want to listen to the wine on lets say a long trip out of town.

Turan
97gts

Reaction score
Jamie, that '00 R should easily handle 9-10psi of T-Trim boost, assuming it's dyno-tuned with a chip. Does Heffner's have the ability to tune your car with a chip on the dyno?
We safely put as much as 12psi through the 4.6 Cobras, and with an Aftercooler and long tubes have made 510hp at the rear wheels at 7k rpm. Of course, your IRS and/or half-shafts may grenade, but that's a different story.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I hit the 6 instead of the 8 it will actually be 8 psi
but you have to remember your dealing with a 4.6 which has been
enginered already. Since heffner has to engineer this himself we
want to be conservative to start with.Jason had a custom chip burned for it and we will dyno this week.All of Jason's superchargers go on the dyno before he cuts them loose.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Several times I have followed Gerald in my N/A Viper and everybody would look at his Viper and say "That sounds like it's got a blower!" Even though mine was much more beautiful and I'm a lot better looking than Gerald.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

Is this the definition of "Blower Envy"?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery