Which Viper is Best? (Fastest,1/4 sprnt, 0-62mph.)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many vipers MUCH faster and capable than the above two you mentioned.... Just because certain vipers get media attention, doesn't mean they are the quickest or fastest...

Regards,
Gerald

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, all the top finishers at the Viper Vette shootout a month ago were TNT cars including Albert Chlouber's car. The top three finishing cars in that shootout were top end jobs with NOS but a couple other cars were close but not close enough. We had a great time at that event and hope to do it all over again in the near future.

Thanks,
Mark

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as naturally aspirated, the Venom 650R and the King Snake are tough to beat. Cars with Forced induction have the potential to make more power. And finally any of the Tuner Cars with NOS are a formidable match. As for Albert he is an AWESOME driver - he can chime in, but I believe he has consulted/purchased from both TNT and HMS. He is running 130+ through the traps on Motor and almost 140 on the Bottle. I think you will be hard pressed to find many Vipers running 9 second E.T's and over 140 Trap speeds. Doug Levin is one exception! I am sure there are others.

I am biased towards the 650R - I know I can run 133 WITHOUT NOS. How many cars are MUCH faster than that Gerald???
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood what the deal was between engine, NOS, etc. A built motor is a built motor. If someone knows how to extract more power without getting into the motor, heck, more power to him. That's kind of like saying I bought my vette for "comfort" once it gets its a$$ handed to him.

There are lots of Vipers out there that can run over 130mph traps. I remember when Sir Hiss ran my GENI (almost at 4000 lbs!) supercharged car...
he spun for about 1 second off the line, went sideways, hit rev limiter, came withing 1' of the wall. Had to restart in 2nd gear and finished with a 12.3 at about 126 I think it was?? And that was a GenI.

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from the 650R (or your car) or TNT's Snakes. They are wicked fast cars that are built great. But to say they are the fastest cars out there is kind of strange. Dougs daily driver red 98 hits over 150 in the traps without slicks. He's built more than a few of those cars. Doug just lets his customers do the talking. Alberts car is mean. Tom at BTR has a wicked package also. I daily handed GSXR750's there *** with my car. (but noneone ever believes it). When my GenII is done, you can bet for sure I'll install a onboard camera so the trash talking can start and stop. (mind you, FROM A ROLL!!hehehe). The guy that bought my snake put NOS on it and called me up when he smoked a 1000R from a roll AND that guy knows how to drive.

Gerald