Which wheels for my GTS?

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Viper Enthusiasts,
I currently own a '01 Yellow GTS. I like the stock wheels but would really like to upgrade. Anyone have a strong opinion on a certain "brand or type" of wheel that will make my viper stand out more than it already does??? I really like the polished chrome look but any thoughts and recommendations are appreciated. I am not currently looking to change out the tires and fortunately, money(at the current time) is no object.
Thanks for your help.

Clark Stegall

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
At 20" and very few on the road this Startech wheel stands out:
You must be registered for see images

http://www.startech.de/homee.htm

USA Contact info:
CRD North America, Inc.
4040 Campus Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Telefon (949) 851-1006

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on June 05, 2001 at 12:22</font>

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv,
Thanks for the info. Since the car has 18" wheels on it what will the 20" wheels do to drivability,handling,etc.? Will I need to change tires as well?
I will contact the Startech folks to find out how to get the wheels.
Thanks again,
C Stegall

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not Marv, but I'll try to answer your question on affects of larger wheel. If you change the aspect ratio of your tire to match the increase in wheel diameter, you should have no problems with speedo being off. The drawback is you will suffer ride quality (read stiffer) from lower profile tires. If, you do not alter the aspect ratio to match the increase in diameter, your speedo will read slower than actual.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact John Purner at Custom Wheel. Great product and great resource, (888)577-0144, or [email protected]. They look good and perform better. Some of the high profile viper racers are also using the same wheels.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hre, HRE, HRE, HRE, HRE. get the point. I have 541's. originally got them in the polished finish. then a year later I sent them back and had them painted the body color (lip is still polished). they gave me new hardware too, no extra charge. company is easy to deal with. I think they look great. car is blue w/white stripes. also have to say one more thing. I've owned many cars (bmws, mercedes, supra tt, etc.) and have had many different rims from many different companies. Also I live in NY - many, many potholes. (more like canyons) - and I have to say these rims are like indestructable. I've hit potholes with them that made me gasp for air ( the type that make you think the entire suspension just fell off and is on the side of the road) and nothing has happened. I'm sure the others out there with them would agree.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my hre's but I tell you those black bbs wheels look bad to the bone. Most people including myself don't have the balls to put black wheels on their car,but after seeing yours it makes me want to anodize mine black for my black gts.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got mine today from John Purner Custom Wheels. I'll post more pics after my day at Sebring this weekend...

Oh yeah, and I like my plate...

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All "respondees":
You all are super. All the info. and pics are much appreciated...even JonB's shameless attempt at good ole' American Capitalism!
Marv S,bobsviper,Ulysses,Jack B,unclgreggy,1BADACR,jamie furman and steveb,thanks for taking the time to help.
JonB...will call you on Thursday to talk about a deal(just call me a sucker for good salesmanship!).

Clark Stegall

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have already done a deal with Jon and the Partsrack you have shoce a good place to do business. I think though the Viper GTS/R racing BBS wheels would look great. Center bolt (spindle mount) wheels are the best looking I think. They would compliment your snake very well. Just my opinion.

Jason Godsil
Godsil Performance