Who ever hasn't taken there viper out on a road course if you get the chance take it

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Who ever hasn't taken there viper out on a road course if you get the chance take

One of my friends on this board with a 2004 blew his engine on a high G turn from oil starvation. This has kept me from hitting the track. What do you guys think about that?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who ever hasn't taken there viper out on a road course if you get the chance take

One of my friends on this board with a 2004 blew his engine on a high G turn from oil starvation. This has kept me from hitting the track. What do you guys think about that?

What tires was he running? What track (i.e. what length of turn ) and what is his skill/experience level? If you sustain high enough side G for long enough, it could be an issue; but, not with your average driver doing HPDE on PS2s.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 04 did have a starvation issue. Some folks installed the accusump. I'm not sure what the factory fix was.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What tires was he running? What track (i.e. what length of turn ) and what is his skill/experience level? If you sustain high enough side G for long enough, it could be an issue; but, not with your average driver doing HPDE on PS2s.

This wasn't a crazy big sweeper turn track, he's pretty skilled with a very modded car (except swing arm oil pan at the time!).

I've heard I should install a swing arm oil pan, but for the expense of that, I'm thinking of just buying a dedicated track car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude