Who ever hasn't taken there viper out on a road course if you get the chance take it

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off Part of this thread is gonna be a repost from our Western Canada Viper section. But thought I would post in the main to share my story .

I have never been out on a track tell this year and have had a Viper for more than a few years . I have not made it a priority. Procrastination... or maybe I thought I get to push the car when I take a trip or two into the mountains each year . But nothing compares to the thrill of pushing the car on a closed Road course.

My first time out on the track I was in Calgary with the wife . (2 hours west of where I live )She wanted a day for just the two of us . We had our first child in Feb of this year . So we havn't had any alone time to hang out . So took our daughter over to Grandma's and we headed to the City . Four o'clock comes around, first time mother is getting anxious to get back to the baby. So stop to fill up before we leave the City. Guess who pulls up?

Greg in his ACR . (Fellow VCA member ) I knew who it was as soon as I seen the car . I have seen pics and read his posts on the site.

Calgary has over a million people and has an area of about 280sq mi. What are the chances ?

Says hes putting on a track day for some of his friends .That I was welcome to come .Wife looking at her watch doesn't want to go. But I was able to convince the wife to at least go check it out and take a look.

Get there before most of the other drivers show up . So Greg is kind enough to take me out around the track and show me the layout . Then still had a few mins before start time . So he generously takes the wife out around the course . In the mean time as guys are showing up, meet a bunch of great guys . Owners of some nice rides . A bunch of Ferrari's showed up f430's , a tricked out Enzo , Gallardo.

After everyone arrives . Have the drivers meetings then the experienced guys get out and start doing some laps . At this point wife is biting her nails wanting to get going . But no way in hell I want to leave with out taking the car out . So wife tells me make it quick ;) So I get some class instruction. Greg jumps in the car with me to instruct me on the course , help with some tips to keep my car shiny side up. We do a few 20 mins sessions . Then he lets me go out solo. Never had so much fun in all my life as I did pushing my car on the track close to 150 mph .

I just got out on the track again here are some pics of my few sessions . If anyone gets a chance to take there car out on a track that hasn't I would do it . Most fun I have ever had with my clothes on :2tu::headbang:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who ever hasn't taken there viper out on a road course if you get the chance take

That wife sounds like a keeper. She let you stay and play.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who ever hasn't taken there viper out on a road course if you get the chance take

awsome welcome to the track ****** club, your Viper looks sweeet!

I am headed out to Mid OH tomorrow for 3 days of FUN!

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Heading out to Circuit Mont Tremblant today for autocross session with a pro. Will send pic's and vid.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

They don't call it track ****** for nothing....and am I pining for a fix.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thats awesome! Is that a ferrari enzo fxx? I think theres only like 20 of them in the world and theyre like 2 million. Did he run? was it way faster?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All fun and games till the rear end snaps around. ;)

Nice car!

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats awesome! Is that a ferrari enzo fxx? I think theres only like 20 of them in the world and theyre like 2 million. Did he run? was it way faster?

I'm pretty sure its a Modded Enzo . He modded it all the way through . Body kit , More HP , interior , rims the works . He did run and it sounded crazy. I didn't get a chance to get out on the track with him because it started raining and he took off before I could get out with him . Have to ask Fireball another VCA member how he runs on that track . he has been out with him before with his ACR . And Greg has fastest time on the track in a stock car .

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice car!

I agree but still fun riding the line of cohesion. My 08 handles way better than my 00 ACR did . I would push my 00ACR to the point of the rear end coming out on me . But with my 08 I pushed it as hard as I comfortably could and didnt come close to the way my 00 would come out on me . Always trying to push harder getting to the breaking point . But my 08 sticks to the track a lot better than the 00 would stick to the road . Tires are a lot better and softer . I have definetly shredded some rubber on them from my times out . But they stick very well. Just when you think ownership of a Viper can't get any better I take it out on a track lol :headbang:

K

Kaya

Nice car!

You aren't kidding! I got a Woodchuck at Viper days with that 360 manuever into the mud, Thank God, not into a wall!

I am a better driver for all the drag racing and road course work. Last year I even got to drive my car as pace car at a local benefit race day :) Great fun, just gotta watch that A$$ end....it will bite you :omg:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I hae yet to take my '09 out on the track but it's hard to imagine it's gonna handle better than my 00GTS. If that's the case :2tu:

I agree but still fun riding the line of cohesion. My 08 handles way better than my 00 ACR did . I would push my 00ACR to the point of the rear end coming out on me . But with my 08 I pushed it as hard as I comfortably could and didnt come close to the way my 00 would come out on me . Always trying to push harder getting to the breaking point . But my 08 sticks to the track a lot better than the 00 would stick to the road . Tires are a lot better and softer . I have definetly shredded some rubber on them from my times out . But they stick very well. Just when you think ownership of a Viper can't get any better I take it out on a track lol :headbang:

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure its a Modded Enzo . He modded it all the way through . Body kit , More HP , interior , rims the works . He did run and it sounded crazy. I didn't get a chance to get out on the track with him because it started raining and he took off before I could get out with him . Have to ask Fireball another VCA member how he runs on that track . he has been out with him before with his ACR . And Greg has fastest time on the track in a stock car .

That Enzo is Zahir from ZR Auto out of Calgary! Been on track with him out in Vegas! Fun!

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hae yet to take my '09 out on the track but it's hard to imagine it's gonna handle better than my 00GTS. If that's the case :2tu:

I never did have my 00 ACR out on the track . But I did a lot of spirited driving in the mountains with it . And a lot of back roads where I could open it up . But in my own opinion my 08 just handles and gives the driver way better feed back then my 00 did . Had my 00 shoot out side ways on me multiple times . I havn't had as much seat time with my 08 but have yet to come even close to that point with my 08 . And that is with pushing it very ******* the track :) But again thats just my own feed back ... Cheers :2tu:

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Great thread. After you've gone out for the first time you just want to tell the whole world about it cause it's undescribable! I love the road course! Unfortunately for me I love drag racing just as much. So I road raced for a couple years and now I'm drag racing my viper. Eventually I'll hopefully have the funds to do both!

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would love to go to the track. But! I signed a agreement with Grundy that I would not do that. So, in return they gave me full coverage and agreed on price if totaled at a very modest annual fee.

Now maybe if I just get a track car and trailer it to the track I wouldn't need no stinking insurance or license plates.:D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a thread on track day insurance. I beleive you can buy coverage for one event or several.

I loved tracking my Viper. I'm not skilled by any means. Novice at best and I think the fastest I went was 100 or so but in my limited skill set to feel the RT/10 hugging the road like it did lit a fire in me and I had a true respect for what the car could do after that.

If you have never tracked your viper and are on the fence. Just do it. As long as it's in a setting you are comfortable in. You will not regret it!!!
I would love to go to the track. But! I signed a agreement with Grundy that I would not do that. So, in return they gave me full coverage and agreed on price if totaled at a very modest annual fee.

Now maybe if I just get a track car and trailer it to the track I wouldn't need no stinking insurance or license plates.:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll chime in here - I think I can make a few informed comments.

Full credit goes to Tyler. I teach dozens of track courses a year and Tyler is the best student I ever remember having. Within 2 laps he was on, or very near 'the line' Amazing! Additionally he ran much of the evening on a very wet track. I spoke to him about the risks and he handled everything perfectly. A driver new to the track in a 600hp car, in the rain with really wide tires is the exact recipe for trouble but Tyler never put a wheel wrong. Make no mistake - he was still quick too. Great job.

There's mention here of Tyler's wife being a keeper. Put simply - she's stunning - and seems like a real sweatheart to boot. Keeper indeed!

The Enzo is full FXX spec (and then some...). Zahir headed home with his FXX when the rain started since he had full slicks mounted. Certainly a prudent move.

Your '08 WILL out handle your 2000 GTS. It'll also out brake it.

It's my opinion that anyone that hasn't taken their Viper to the track only has an inkling of what the car is capable of. There's only one place that you can experience a Viper 100%. That's a road course. Twisty roads and mountain passes are certainly fun but a race track is a completely different experience. If you get the chance to go - do it!

There's some track time next Wednesday evening at Race City in Calgary. You must have track experience to attend (Tyler - you're good). $210 - dinner included. I'll be coaching.

Greg

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's only one place that you can experience a Viper 100%. That's a road course. Twisty roads and mountain passes are certainly fun but a race track is a completely different experience.

+1.

Twisty roads used to be a lot more fun before I started tracking. Now they're just an enjoyable Sunday drive.

G

Gotvenom 08

+1.

Twisty roads used to be a lot more fun before I started tracking. Now they're just an enjoyable Sunday drive.

As Chuck stated.Twistys used to be alot more fun.Then I discovered the track and now street driving is some what boring.

<<<<<<----- Notice Avatar Turn 5 at Road America.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

any monkey can go fast in a straight line

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Really appreciate that Greg but your a great instructor made learning the lines on track easy . I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it out Wednesday . You running at 5 pm again ?

Funny how I havn't been on the track before this last month now gonna be multiple times within a month . Too much fun !!

I think once the economy comes around gonna get into a new ACR . And as seen as they are closing Race city down :( I Will have to plan some vacations for some laps on some distant road courses . :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<<<<<<----- Notice Avatar Turn 5 at Road America.

What a track. I haven't been since I switched to slicks. Gotta get back there someday. Until then I'm stuck with this lil' ol' runway called Sebring. :D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a track. I haven't been since I switched to slicks. Gotta get back there someday. Until then I'm stuck with this lil' ol' runway called Sebring. :D

Sebring is awesome! I won a Formula Ford race there in....uh 1988 ish? Fun track. A little flat - but still fun.

Greg

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It is simple,track your car if u can.If u live in calgary do it now!!!and if you can, run it backwards LOL.Thanx Greg thursday was a blast. Myke

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice pictures and the picture of the yellow FXX with a plate really got me drooling!!! How did the owner manage that as the FXX was built as a track car only.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice pictures and the picture of the yellow FXX with a plate really got me drooling!!! How did the owner manage that as the FXX was built as a track car only.

The car was purchased as a stock Enzo a few years ago. He owns an exotic dealer and speed shop in Calgary. He does exceptional work!.

He just finished improving his F40, his Twin Turbo Heffner Gallardo and his Twin Supercharged Novitec F430 so then he turned his attention the the Enzo. All the work is exceptional and the car performs very well. I have yet to drive the car but hopefully.....

His plan was to create the worlds fastest Enzo and by most accounts that's exactly what he's done. His starting point was the FXX then he 'upped' it from there

I expect that this car will be previewed in Luxury Modified Exotics magazine at some point.

You check him out at ZR Auto

They really have a great time with their cars and I'm proud to be his friend and to run his track days for him.

Greg

G

Gotvenom 08

Little ole runway huh?It looks like a great time tracking there like wise.Let me know when you head north to RA.Can never have to many vipers on the track.:)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They really have a great time with their cars and I'm proud to be his friend and to run his track days for him.

Hmmm. A new dream goal. Have enough money to where there's a guy who runs my track days for me.:drive:
Of course, Skip Thomas used to fill that role; but, it wasn't an exclusive deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187