Who has Black

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking of a black 08 but was wondering how it is to take care of, I heard it can be tough but thought I would get info first hand from you black Viper owners.
would you do it again?

thanks

FLX109

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes its a *****, but worth it in my opinion. As much as I try to buy something other than black when its money time it always comes back to black. And did I mention my wifes Acura is black also. Call me a glutten for punishment.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea the black one's can be a pain but there is no better trade off. They look the best, Ill do it over and over again.

Plus it beats the McCrap colors anyday... :eater:

:usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea the black one's can be a pain but there is no better trade off. They look the best, Ill do it over and over again.

Plus it beats the McCrap colors anyday... :eater:

You're one of the few people on this website I really don't like. Most people here are nice, but you take any chance you get to be a **** to me and others. Try the Alley, you may fit in better over there. I did not say one thing to insult black. When I had my black car, it was too much of a pain to keep cleaned and I won't buy another one. I dont enjoy cleaning cars that much to justify a black car. For the 1st time in 3+ years and a heck of a lot of posts, I'm putting someone on ignore.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking of a black 08 but was wondering how it is to take care of, I heard it can be tough but thought I would get info first hand from you black Viper owners.
would you do it again?
thanks
FLX109

1. The amount of care really depends on how much you care about perfection. If it has been washed and polished well, you can just wash it in between polishes and use Meguiar's QUIK ( Mist & Wipe) DETAILER. I use the car almost every day for what I call "therapy sessions" and have it polished about every two months. Always use 100% cotton towels or better. Never use polyester towels.

2. This is my second black Viper. I also have two other black performance vehicles and a black luxury vehicle. I would not have it any other way.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is always the best looking color but I do not recommend it unless you are into detailing and own some type of buffer and enjoy using it. Or either that have a detailing budget that is greater than $1000 a yr. :lmao:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I heard someone crying so I had to come back to this thread. Someone needs to keep you and your cohorts in check around here. The constant praise and self promotion has gotten bland and I'm here to bring some spice to this poorly catered McChampagne party. Ignore away, sir!!!

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I heard someone crying so I had to come back to this thread. Someone needs to keep you and your cohorts in check around here. The constant praise and self promotion has gotten bland and I'm here to bring some spice to this poorly catered champagne party. Ignore away, sir!!! :moon:

The moderators do an excellent job of keeping people "in check around here". Spice does not go well with champagne. Spicey foods call for a type of wine. Now, if you want to bring some chocolate covered strawberries to the champagne party, please be our guest.

On a more serious note, Chad works very ******* behalf of the VCA. He has brought a great deal of laughter and entertainment to many, including me, who visit this site. Wouldn't a more appropriate approach be to just say "no personal offense intended" instead of the response above? By the way, the rules of this forum prohibit personal attacks.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt many of you would like the kinds of parties I attent. If you read carefully, you can tell my second response was not a personal attack. It is still a general statement on a generally open forum. If the mods wanna be extra sensitive this weekend, that is their perrogative.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admit it was challenging at first keeping my black Viper clean. I have learned that there is no reason to drive it in the rain since that simply trashes it. I try to detail it as little as possible since every time I touch it, I risk swirl marks. I only use new clean microfibre or hide cloths and I do not press too hard. I would not hesitate to get another black Viper but still may want something different for my second one.

On a side note, my metallic pewter C5 is almost carefree to keep it appearing clean even since it has to stay outside because my 2 car garage is not wide enough for both. That color is by far the best for hiding dirt and marks that I have ever seen.

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a black 06 I drove daily, had to clean it daily also, everything shows on black. One other thing although I do love black it doesn't show off the Vipers body style like the brighter colors, my 08 is viper red.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would I do it again, the key question, yes, I think so.

I've had 4 cars at once that were black ... that I'll never do again, I'll never do a truck or SUV in black ever again. The Viper .. yep, a little harder to clean, but to me it's worth it, it's my favorite car color.

Silver is the color of all my other vehicles & it's so so easy, it makes up for the time I spend on the Viper.

D.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is the best...accentuates the lines of the car. It is a pain to keep clean, but I consider a labor of love.

On a side note, Chad, I'm with you. You do a great job around here on keeping things fun and jovial! Don't let a self-centered person put you down like that. You have more friends on this site than you could ever have enemies or attackers. Just my $0.02

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Both of my NSX's were black, my 2006 Viper is black. I just bought a 2008 ACR, and yes it's black. It's important that you have good water, so when you wash and rinse, it's just a quick hit with an 'absorber' (or chamois) to dry. If your water contains a lot of minerals, black will spot easily. I'd suggest purchasing a filtration system. My daily drivers are Jeeps, and they're all silver. Nothing wrong with a little variety.

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're the type who doesn't like to detail your car on a regular basis, do not purchase a black car. But, if you don't mind a little more elbow greese, sweat, and don't mind noticing every flaw in your paint job :omg:----then a black Viper is the coolest, baddest, meanest, a--kicking, automobile in the universe!!!! :headbang:

just my 2 cents!

Adam

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had many, many black vehicles (cars, trucks, and bikes). Labor of love is an accurate statement.

The Mr Clean system with Pur filter is a life saver on black. Keep a good coat of wax on her and use good quality spray wax after washing between major waxing. Make sure you follow the basics...no polyester towels, wash top down (I use a different mitt on the top 4/5 th's of the car from the bottom sections and rinse both regularly).

Think of car care time as an opportunity to caress your Viper :D

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love black first Viper didnt get Black cause I was worried about keeping it clean .. Then I kicked myself I didnt .. Now I have Black on the 08 and wouldnt have it any other way love it !!!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love black first Viper didnt get Black cause I was worried about keeping it clean .. Then I kicked myself I didnt .. Now I have Black on the 08 and wouldnt have it any other way love it !!!

I have never owned a black car but my ACR coming in will be black. My 06 Z06 is yellow and easy to keep clean except for bugs on the front. I know the black will take more work but just love the way they look.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my concern also, keeping it clean, but I don't drive in the rain, probably only drive 2-3000 miles a year in nice weather only and love keeping my viper clean so maybe I can do it.
And black does look evil, nasty.

FLX109

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth