Who has Black

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As one who has a black Infiniti along with my red Viper, I can tell you that I will never buy another black car.

I will agree, that when clean (one minute after carwash), the car looks super. But, within a few hours, when the dust has started settling on the car, it loses its nice look in my opinion. I have also owned two black Corvettes in the past, and I spent more time cleaning then driving.

I will say, from looking at the black '08 (ACR?) with red stripes, looks terrific....but then, it also looks clean.

Just my opinion.

Peter

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black is the best color out there, but the hardest to maintain ... beauty has a price

ViperDiva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is such a **** and seductive color for a car. Take it from me, I think you should go for it. Viper owners rarely let their cars get dirty anyway. They are too precious; and this is from a young lady's point of view. I have a red viper but it gets detailed once a week from my carwash guy. It is always clean and shiney.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess black car owners do not use car covers either?

Mine is in the garage naturally but I do use a car cover that I drape over the front of the car up to the windshield, keeps pollen & any rain drips from the garage door off of the car. I've found that with a decent upkeep of wax a decent car cover has been safe for me .. no scratches from it.

Also, as others have noted, I use the full array of detailer & duster, etc., true life savers for a black car. I try to hit the detailer after a drive, before anything dries on the car, etc. To me, 1 black car isn't a challenge ... but I'll never do several again.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned both red and black Vipers. I swore I would never do black again, but I think the Gen III's look best in black and the Gen II's look best in red. I'm going to kick myself, but I'm going to buy a black gen III. I tried everything to keep my black 99 GTS looking good. Nothing seemed to keep the dust off of it once it left the garage.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They say everyone owns ONE back car and never again. I've owned three now. They require a bit of effort to keep clean but IMHO there is no other color that even comes close to a newly polished black car. The little extra effort is well worth it.

You must be registered for see images attach

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to clean my car every time I go for a drive. Its a real pain. But it looks killer when clean. I have now noticed that my mirrors are a different shade of black than the rest of the body of the car.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the '05 BLACK SRT...we absolutely got compliments wherever we took the car...and yes, it needs to be cleaned after EVERY drive, as blackmamba said! (Remember: VERY wet dryer sheets to take bugs off the front fascia! Works great...then detail spray the residue off w/clean microfiber sheet) I still say BLACK looks BEASTLY~! ~juli

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also clean my car very often. The neighbors probably think I'm nuts. A black Viper is ideal if you suffer from car cleaning OCD. :omg:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the '05 BLACK SRT...we absolutely got compliments wherever we took the car...and yes, it needs to be cleaned after EVERY drive, as blackmamba said! (Remember: VERY wet dryer sheets to take bugs off the front fascia! Works great...then detail spray the residue off w/clean microfiber sheet) I still say BLACK looks BEASTLY~! ~juli

I used the dryer sheets this weekend when cleaning my black SRT and it worked great...takes all the goo off! After washing (yes, with water) and spray detailing, you can't even tell they were there! Thanks for the tip Juli!!!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack...but were you behind me on Robious about 2 weeks ago? I was stopped at a light when I saw a black coupe with stripes and have been trying to find out who it was!!!

Yes. That was me . Your car looks great from behind (and, I am sure from all angles)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread guys...my Viper is getting painted solid black as we speak! It should be done in a couple of weeks every body part is being taken off and sanded down. I can't wait I know black will be tough to keep clean but I am like most here I never drive it in bad weather or it's not a daily driver so I should be able to keep her pretty clean. I just think a black car when clean is so rich/bad looking and what better car to have black than a Viper!!! I will post pictures when it is done.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is the hardest color to maintain but it also looks the best when property maintained. If you're not into detailing your car I would get another color.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread guys...my Viper is getting painted solid black as we speak! It should be done in a couple of weeks every body part is being taken off and sanded down. I can't wait I know black will be tough to keep clean but I am like most here I never drive it in bad weather or it's not a daily driver so I should be able to keep her pretty clean. I just think a black car when clean is so rich/bad looking and what better car to have black than a Viper!!! I will post pictures when it is done.

I remember when you GOT your Viper!!!! BADASP getting it painted BLACK! Can't wait to see the pics!!! I AGREE with your assessment of a BLACK VIPER! (Do I miss the 05BEAST....YES!) :2tu: ~juli