Who sells a Viper in this condition? Disgusting !!!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So as some of you know I purchased a 2005 VCA edition SRT from Paul Ronald in Washington. I had the car delivered in an enclosed trialer that I bought at the same time. The trailer was in my driveway when I got home so I pulled it out this morning and opened it up and this is what I found. Looks good from a distance doesnt it??? But look closely and you will see it.... did you see it???? Right there in the middle of the hood was a spec of dust. :(I was horrified. Right there on top of the 8 layers of wax was a damn spec of dust. I was going to call Paul and return the car but I thought I would back it out and have a closer look to see if I could find any other major issues. As I got in to the car to start it I found my next disappointment. Someone had obviously been trying to hide something and had the inside cleaned spotless. There wasnt a damn mark anywhere so my spidy senses started to tingle and I knew Paul was up to no good here so I went deeper in to my search. I figured he was up to something when I opened the trailer and the top was down. He must be trying to hide something so I put the top up and found it. Im guessing it was a new top as an original could not be this clean or spot free so I checked for signs of replacement and nothing.... :mad:. It was in fact the original. This guy was good Im thinking. But I knew if I kept looking I would find the truth so around the car I went. I was sure the rims would have the standard curb rash and he must have lied about that so a close inspection of every wheel revealed........ NOT A DAMN THING !!!!. I was furious. Every rim looks like new. What the hell was going on here? I did a detailed inspection of the paint and found what I was looking for. On the side of the car was a tiny black mark. I was excited. Finally some damage. I got out my magnifying glass to get a better look and rubbed the mark with my finger to see how deep the scratch was in to the paint but to my disgust... the mark rubber off. Turns out I had a spot of grease on my hand from before and it must have touched the paint when I was getting in to the car. Damnit. I was determined so I opened the trunk and hit paydirt. It was a mess. Papers everywhere and spare parts lieing all over the place. He had even left some lawn chairs in the car. I opened up the papers only to discover it was the original window sticker as well as a pile of other stuff that was supposed to in fact be with the car. I went to toss the lawn chairs in the garbage but when I took them out of the bag and opened them up I saw that they were yellow embroidered # 10 of 50 chairs and were in fact part of the original package that came with the car. Magazines about the Viper, spare oil filters and air filters. It was all in the trunk. What the HELL ?????? Who does this? How could someone deliver a car in this good of shape??? There had to be something. I checked the car cover that came with it. Looked like new. He had included a new set of tires and rims in bags so he must have been hiding something there. I yanked the bags off and found...... perfect rims and tires. This guy is good. He sent a new exhaust with the car... It must have been dented or damaged... Nothing. I looked everywhere and could find nothing. Just a perfectly detailed and maintained car with no stories, no repaint, no scratches, dents or marks, not a damn thing. :dunno::dunno:
I admitted defeat and went in and had a beer to console myself. I gave it everything I could to find SOMETHING wrong with this car but it didnt happen. :rolaugh::lmao::):D;). Took it for its maiden voyage and it drives like new. This just isnt right. Who does this sort of thing? ... Paul Ronald does.

Thank you Paul for an absolutely amazing Viper. It is more than I could have imagined it would be. This just shows that it is worth it to buy from a Forum member.

Thanks again

Sean

Attachments

• 05 Viper 005.jpg
    05 Viper 005.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 05 Viper 003.jpg
    05 Viper 003.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 380
  • 05 Viper 007.jpg
    05 Viper 007.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 341
  • 05 Viper 009.jpg
    05 Viper 009.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That'll teach you!

Glad you can now add to the bad deal thread.

pvo_pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car looks great Sean. Can't wait to meet up and have a closer look at it.

Congrats on the new purchase! Pm me your number, I lost my cell and had to get a new one, my number is still the same.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought for a second that you were going to say something bad about Paul and was putting my boxing gloves on, you almost had me!

Glad to see that Paul's Super Slow Yellow Viper found a good new home. You could not have bought a nicer car from a better person than Paul!

I have a few good memories about this car, in Oregon, with flashing red and blue lights! :)

Enjoy your new car, it is a beauty!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEAN-
Thanks for the post. I'm super happy that you are liking the car. I sure hope you are having good weather so you can drive it.

Those chairs were special custom bought- they did not come with the car. It's great to sit in the chairs and look at the car after a good waxing job.

Did you have fun getting the car out of the trailer?

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I did.

PBR

OK- when you get a chance send me my straps back.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEAN-
Thanks for the post. I'm super happy that you are liking the car. I sure hope you are having good weather so you can drive it.

Those chairs were special custom bought- they did not come with the car. It's great to sit in the chairs and look at the car after a good waxing job.

Did you have fun getting the car out of the trailer?

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I did.

PBR

OK- when you get a chance send me my straps back.

I didnt realize that about the chairs. They did a great job. I did like you said and got the back of the truck up as high as I could which lowered the back of the trailer and took out some of the angle. Only ended up having to use a couple 12 in 2x10's and it came out without touching the bumper. Straps will be on the way on Monday once I get them boxed up for you. It was cool and VERY windy here today so the top was only down for about 2 mins and then we pulled over and put it up. Supposed to be cool and rainy until next weekend so the car will be tucked away neatly inside the garage beside it's older brother the GTS. Its got great company.

Thanks again Paul.

Reaction score
As a guy with a yellow garage queen, I find it almost shameful that it was delivered with a speck of dust on it. The yellow group has much more pride than that.

The car looks GREAT, and those are the stories we like to hear.

Kudos to Paul for having the same amount of class as the viper you just bought.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul's really stingy - he gives you matching chairs but keeps #10 of 50 as his screen name? Outrageous! :rolleyes:

First time I met the guy, he had the nerve to hand me a box full of Viper stuff that wouldn't even fit in my trunk!

Congrats!! :2tu:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car . Nice to have something that brings a person so much pleasure after a time of sorrow. I thought maybe you were posting a link to a car I seen on ebay today . Check this out wasn't gonna post it but I can't resist .

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 150431337733 end time Apr-13-10 17:05:22 PDT)

If its detailed everyweek as the auction says . How come there is so much dirt everywhere LMAO. That engine bay is pristine LOL.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
You didn't see the yellow paint? It's nearly covered in the stuff!

Congratulations buddy - sick ride.

Greg

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. I will try to get an event this summer for sure. I was all pumped about the VOI but unfortunately have a wedding that weekend. The only damn wedding I have all summer and it had to be that fricking weekend. arghhhh. :mad:. I cant even get out of it without being in the premanent dog house with family as a bunch of them are flying in from South Africa for the week. OH well. Hopefully one of the other gatherings for sure.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride...now only if it were white it would've been faster...

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you can blame the dust on the slowness and not the color:) graphite is indeed the fastest afaik!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Sean.:2tu:

Welcome to the Yellow Fever club.:headbang:

Yellow looks good on you.:)

I powdercoated the intake and valve covers Yellow on HRSSSSS and dynoed at 561 RWHP. Car came with a dyno sheet at 514 RWHP. 47 HP to go from Red to Yellow. Proof that Yellow is faster. :lmao: :lmao:

Here's what you look like at Viper Events.:D
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62